LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Sadly still no success in obtaining that elusive bath time video - perhaps the young man would prefer his "intimacies" not to be paraded on the interweb for all to see! Tried to get a video of the case of the zoomies he had this afternoon with a little more success but as usual he is FAR more interested in playing up to the camera whenever he sees it. The extreme close up that I got is pretty darned cute though :)

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Walking about with the phone at the ready as you are more likely to get that photo on the quick.

Wishing you success!!
Oh Mr Boats, I think the basic problem here is that the subject of said videos is just too fast, and the operator of the camera is too old and too slow :(

A new shipment of bird toys arrived last week - no prizes for guessing who took to them straight away, particularly the "Indestructi-Bell"!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh, he has come such a very long way since his first taking over his new home!!
What a charmer he has become.

FYI: I full understand you point regarding who is faster as I find the same to be true with our Julio!!
"Taking over his new home" is right, Uncle Steven! He's showing more and more of that lorikeet sass every day. Fang has seen it all before but Jem has NO idea how someone this tiny can be so full of attitude! But he and Val are firm friends now, I just can't get over how cute the two of them are together! :love:

Such a confident, adventurous little soul. That's it, he's coming home with me! ;)❤️🤣
Oh no you don't mister, you'd have to get past me first to get him! Besides I think you've got your hands very much full with those three amazing dinos of your own 💖💖💖

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
These two are such good little buddies for each other, and Val can always be relied upon to distract Lovejoy from the naughtier aspects of his behaviour, like gleefully flitting from one unauthorised landing spot to another and back and back again. I think he knows I need the exercise!!

209B9770-85B5-4D03-8371-9F485F3B92CC.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh dear, my baby boy is growing up so fast! He has just started a BIG moult into his adult plumage and has a dozens of the teeniest tiniest pin feathers around his head, which I am not nearly dexterous enough to help him with. Val on the other hand seems to be only too willing and able to help :)

I guess this also means they're married now :rolleyes:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh my goodness, they're so sweet together! ❤️❤️❤️
Right?! Val gets some preenings out of the relationship too which is EXCELLENT as he’s never been hand tame so I’ve never been able to help him with the masses of pins that he gets either. It’s lovely that they are getting on so well together, even though I will admit to be just a wee bit jealous of both of them. Lovejoy still wants his pre-bedtime snuggles with me though, and God help me if I’m ever even a few minutes late with that. Stop the world, Lovejoy needs his nightly snuggle time!! 💖

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Not one bit surprised as that has been a common theme with our Amazon's over the many years. It is the founding reason, I believe that they see us as 'their' staff, caregivers, etc.

Spent a bit of time reviewing the videos and what a joy that is!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Baby boy Lovejoy’s first big moult continues. He just about gave me heart failure a few days ago when I noticed a red splodge on his head, separate from the other red feathers on his crown. I thought maybe it was a spot of blood, and that perhaps he’d collided with something without my knowing. But once I put my glasses on 🙄 I realised it was a lone red feather, and he’s got a few more on the way now too. Guess that pretty red crown of his is set to get bigger!
4D1BEFAE-10BB-466C-B46E-2A3BADD27021.jpeg

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Awwwww Val and Lovejoy are the sweetest ever together! I'm not going to show Opie because he already thinks that's him and Cotton, and Cotton is not inclined to agree ;)

The photo from above is spectacular! What detail! And that red feather really stands out for now, doesn't it?! He's so beautiful!!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwww! Just when I thought it wasn't possible for him to get any cuter... ❤️❤️❤️ :)
Cuter, and he's getting a lot more red in his chest as well, along with a bit more of that infamous lorikeet sass every day. He and Val seem to have formed quite the little cartel between them and they've got both the 'tiels on the run! Oh @Cottonoid I hope your Opie and Cotton can form a relationship between the two of them too, it's just the sweetest thing ever when they do!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
There is nothing like those sporadic, off by their own, special feathers that can cause one pause!! Our Double Yellow-head Amazon was doing the same with his yellow cheeks and nape feathers with various Red Feathers breaking-out. After a bit, I picked-up on his tendency of leaning toward being a Hybrid within the DYH Amazon family. Just because he was older then 16 does not mean that a great diet cannot push traits that one was not expecting to see.

Go for the it LoveJoy, nothing like keeping the family on their toes!
Aaa, the joys of a Healthy Parrot!!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
There is nothing like those sporadic, off by their own, special feathers that can cause one pause!! Our Double Yellow-head Amazon was doing the same with his yellow cheeks and nape feathers with various Red Feathers breaking-out. After a bit, I picked-up on his tendency of leaning toward being a Hybrid within the DYH Amazon family. Just because he was older then 16 does not mean that a great diet cannot push traits that one was not expecting to see.

Go for the it LoveJoy, nothing like keeping the family on their toes!
Aaa, the joys of a Healthy Parrot!!
From the pics I’ve seen of adult Varieds, the red crown extends much further back from where Lovejoy’s is right now, so I assume the bits in between will fill in eventually. Although if it doesn’t and he remains looking a bit patchy that would be super cute too. Oh and just for additional cuteness factor, here’s a shot I took of the allopreening cartel a few daze ago. And happily it's not all one-way traffic, Lovejoy preens Val too :)
E25A7819-D2DE-46EC-9196-779C60E18FC8.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Some pics from today, he’s getting a lot redder on his chest…
C5766EB5-BCFC-4B33-9844-143E59C8C0DF.jpeg
6B158A3E-33FF-4824-B926-644E7CE65129.jpeg
… and more red splodges on his head almost every day. I think it will fill in very nicely quite soon 😊
7D5618BC-021D-4DCA-BFCA-7D74DDE08DE5.jpeg
F08BAC97-4706-441A-8211-685C9AD8F5C9.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Wow, the red is popping up all over the place! Handsome boy ❤️
It really is, it’s like it just pops up out of nowhere and it’s so much fun to watch!
71EA62D2-D920-4837-842D-2926D9E52C73.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts