Aviary Life

A little Polish girl shared her cracker!
6cd8bf098a9626dab85221055e6a2225.jpg
Tsali approves lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction; the little girl was German, not Polish.

Today when Kaleo was let out of her cage she immediately tried to make a nest between two cages. When the poor baby ringies went over to investigate, she tried to bite their toes off. As I was moving them and making sure they all were ok she BROKE INTO CARLIN’S CAGE AND TRIED TO EAT HER! I grabbed Carlin and stuck her under my ponytail and got Kaleo out and went to put Carlin away safely and before I even got her back in her cage Kaleo had released Isana! And Isana is “aviary tame” meaning she’s all kisses and love a d shoulder rides as long as you never actually try to touch her, so she had to be actually CAUGHT which was traumatic for the poor girl!

Needless to say Kaleo had to go back in her cage and calm down because by that time Levi (human child) was crying and even the birds she hadn’t gone after were upset by all the hullabaloo and so was the dog because he gets very worried when the birds are upset and he has an absolute meltdown if Levi cries for more than three heartbeats, and there is only so much a mom can do at a time!

6d9f1da5d4e175eed1b261a4cba83e5b.jpg
03278a7ddd418eac6d6cd55b93603ce2.jpg

Alert! Call in reinforcements! I understand. When mine did the silent cry it was all over!

9939fa80a26c9cdb20abb891a4ddca22.jpg

So Levi is a huge fan if Carlin. We obviously don’t let him touch her but he loves to try!

Lol sometimes!

I love how Carlin is completely unfazed by what would be his impending doom. "Hmmm, cute-but-GIANT baby human coming at me with hands outstretched, fingers grasping, and mouth open? Must be Tuesday, then." Lol!

Lol yeah she is pretty chill, and since we always make sure he can’t reach her she hasn’t had a negative experience with him lol. And he does want to chew on her so we do have to be careful!

Just in case you were wondering what’s been up...
8dd4d297915abccbdd23cfc7e79a4eff.jpg

c11cd620431501729a91b5a26351fd9f.jpg

So many babies!!!! They’re sooooo cute and ugly! ❤️

The oldest two; green baby boys, Shawn and Patrick
cdf4c7ed95eff04da8309d4045434727.jpg
560f84a2414d0a0ee0244aa327e2ceb9.jpg
4c4fcd41569970c3a4f7b5a80ab9d1e9.jpg

80aad6760dafcec8d5f1186fb086d553.jpg

I don't know what I love more, all the baby pics or the one of Tsali just hanging around!

Actually, the one with the feathered baby checking out his human counterpart might just take top spot.

The rest will start hanging out between meals soon but these two are already such little clowns! I’m having a blast with them!

Newest challenges:

Carlin (budgie) thinks Levi is safe to land on.

Tsali (Grey) now thinks Levi should give him scritches and has been trying to get them from him.

Nohea has been trying to make out with Levi. Not even kidding; you know how parrots seem obsessed with mouths? I turned my head for TWO SECONDS and he was trying to give her a kiss (which for a 6 month old human is an open mouth slobber attack) and she was trying to stick her head in his mouth!

My kid is already a bird lover.

He has also started sharing his peas with the dog.

8f6adbcdc30048ae80ef4a4ca62e500d.jpg
68a2b46cc920e3d7ebbe6b43a7778199.jpg

Newest challenges:

Carlin (budgie) thinks Levi is safe to land on.

Tsali (Grey) now thinks Levi should give him scritches and has been trying to get them from him.

Nohea has been trying to make out with Levi. Not even kidding; you know how parrots seem obsessed with mouths? I turned my head for TWO SECONDS and he was trying to give her a kiss (which for a 6 month old human is an open mouth slobber attack) and she was trying to stick her head in his mouth!

My kid is already a bird lover.

He has also started sharing his peas with the dog.

8f6adbcdc30048ae80ef4a4ca62e500d.jpg
68a2b46cc920e3d7ebbe6b43a7778199.jpg

Levi! You’re so stinkin cute! Nice of you to share. [emoji23]

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back