Bianca needs some prayers

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
My aunt has been up here visiting me from Brooklyn for the past week. She brought her dog with her. Her dog is a Bichon Frise. Cutest thing ever. Her name is Bianca (italian for white). My aunt, my cousin Nicky, and I love this dog to death. She loves spending time with me and my cousin. However, when we woke up today she was lying under our table. She would not get up and walk around. She would eat and drink when we brought food to her. But she just looked limp. In her eyes, you could see she was hurting. The thing is, she's very old, about 12 years old. Which is old for a Bichon. My aunt has been in hysterics for the past few hours thinking she's going to leave us soon. We're all hoping it's not so. We'll see how's she's doing tomorrow and if she's still the same, or, god forbid, worse, then we're taking her to the vet. My cousin nicky and I are very upset as well. Please send some prayers to Bianca, Nicky, and my aunt. They could really use them. Honestly, I don't want her to go, but each time I look in her eyes, she's telling me she believes her time will be very soon. I have tears as I type this thread. Thank you.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Ap, I'm so very sorry about this. It's always extremely heartbreaking to lose a pet that's so close to your heart.

I'm forwarding this message on to the rest of my family. You, Bianca, Nicky, and your auntie will be in all of our prayers tonight. Crossing my fingers for you that Bianca's health doesn't worsen overnight.

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
What a tough time for you guys AP. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you x

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Oh my gosh, you've got me in tears! They are part of the family, secretly said, to people like me they are actually much closer than family.

My prayers are with all of you...:(

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
So sad, when a pet is ill, they are such a big part of the family.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Nicky, your aunt and Bianca.
Please god willing, let Bianca get well soon.
I have a candle burning for Bianca.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I can feel your sadness. We all hope for the comfort of the animals and you and family members. Bichon's are adorable. I used to show them years ago.

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
I feel your pain and pray Bianca is just a little under the weather and will get well soon. Maybe you are all jumping to conclusions, possibly??

Non animal owners just do not understand but we all do here.

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Thanks for the prayers everyone. They seemed to have worked a little bit. This morning when I went to check on her. I have good news and bad news. She looked more alert, active, and she barked compared to yesterday where just layed like a lump. The bad news is, she just won't stand up or walk. We tried to help stand her up, but she'll just collapse. I felt her legs, no broken bones, she does seem to be in pain though. My aunt and I are taking her to the vet today. Looks like she'll be sticking around for a little longer. Hopefully her legs are ok. Thanks for all the prayers everyone, they meant a lot to me, my aunt, and Nicky, but most importantly, Bianca. I'll keep you all up to date on what happens after the vet's trip.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
ap you are an :angel: always caring for everyone else.
The news is good and not so good, we will continue praying.
Hoping for a speedy recovery.

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Incredible news!!! Turns out when we took her to the vet, and the vet tested her; she was positive for lyme disease which explained her back pain. Gave her som antibiotics for us to give her and she should be as good as new. Thank you everyone, all your prayers worked. My aunt has a very big smile on her face.

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
Just read this thread Ap, sorry to hear of the terrible worry you all went through. It is so horrible when they are sick and you don't know why. All you want to do is help them but you can't. Good on you for getting her to the vet so quickly, praying for Bianca's speedy recovery.:)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Yeah ap so glad, our prayers always get answered. :phone:
So happy for Bianca, and everyone involved.
I love stories with happy endings. :1218:

Birdamor

Banned
Banned
Jun 14, 2010
Ahhh, so glad it was a simple thing like Lyme. And yes, it's a very painful disease. Please ask your aunt to test her on a regular basis from now on. I test all my dogs around this time of the year, they are always negative (they are a bunch of ninnies and never want to stay outside, they just go out, do their business and are back by the door, barking to come back inside about 2 minutes after they went out -LOL) but I do it every year because I live in the country where there are a lot of mosquitoes. She can also spray some Skin-So-Soft on her right before she goes out but this only works for a short period of time (that's what I do with mine).

Most Reactions

Latest posts