bird cage help

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
im getting a pineapple green cheek conure baby 9 week sold ina few days so now im in a scramble for a cage i found a pretty big 1 for 75$ but its a 1 inch bar spacing witch ive read is to big but people get away with it if not could any 1 recommend me any cages thanks andrew

Riojewel

Jun 29, 2012
Pittsburgh
Parrots
Rio, sun conure and Jewel, yellow sided green cheek, Greyson CAG
I bought a flight cage from wayfair.com, very nice. I have a sun and a green cheek in it and they have tons of room.

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
No, you cannot get away with 1" spacing for a Green Cheek! How much money are you budgeting for a cage? Here is a great cage for the money! [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Products-Wrought-F040-31-Inch/dp/B00176F5L0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351224480&sr=8-1&keywords=flight+cage"]Amazon.com: Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage with Stand F040 Black Bird Cage, 31-Inch by 20-1/2-Inch by 53-Inch: Pet Supplies[/ame]

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
thanks molly i need a cage by sunday tho and petsmart/petco dont really have any decent size cages for the price my limet is 150-170

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
thanks molly i need a cage by sunday tho and petsmart/petco dont really have any decent size cages for the price my limet is 150-170

If you have Amazon Prime or know someone who does then you can have that cage delivered on Saturday.

Honestly this cage will suffice for one GCC. Petco and Petsmart have this stype cage. I personally would want more space for my birds but it will work in a pich and gives them plenty of room to move around and still leaves room to hang toys.
http://www.petco.com/product/114152...Petco Designer White Finch Flight Cage-114152

Here's one in your price range that is fairly nice! http://www.petco.com/product/114149...Cage.aspx?CoreCat=MM_BirdSupplies_CagesStands

Last edited:
OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
there both not bad cages and nope idk any 1 with amazon i use ebay alot personal but today im hitting every pet shop i can find and i just found out apparently theres a local parrot shop about 25 mins from me so im going to go check that out

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
We just got the flight cage last weekend for our brown headed African, great cage and she loves it!! easy to set up to.

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
ty sandy well my bird got sold up from under me so back to basics now to find another baby that likes me witch was hard the first time i called my local parrot shop they are hand feeding regular green cheeks now so im gonna check them out tomoro hopefully and try to get a cage while im at it there are seriously like no breeders in maryland

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Awww,

Sorry to hear that. We got our darlings at the sanctuary/rescue where we are. Too many birdies waiting for good homes, you might try that!!

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
i will defently look into that my cousin has an African gray witch is why im venturing into birds now that she rescued he was very mean at first bit me a few times now he comes out the cage to me amazing how nice they are with some trust ive never had a parrot but have had cockateils want something new he or she will be out the cage a lot seeing my wife is a stay at home its for her more then me i have cars lol

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Sorry to hear the conure was sold!

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located at?

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
theres nothing on them this lady at the flea market breeds quakers but wants 300 a baby seems a bit steep and there very loud lol but i found a few cages id like yalls opions

Large New Bird Cage Parrot Cages Cockatiel 32"x20"X53" Wrought Iron Flight Cage | eBay

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SMC25E/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradis-20]Amazon.com: New Large Play Top Bird Cage Parttot Finch Macaw Cockatoo Birdcages: Pet Supplies[/ame]

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
theres nothing on them this lady at the flea market breeds quakers but wants 300 a baby seems a bit steep and there very loud lol but i found a few cages id like yalls opions

Large New Bird Cage Parrot Cages Cockatiel 32"x20"X53" Wrought Iron Flight Cage | eBay

Amazon.com: New Large Play Top Bird Cage Parttot Finch Macaw Cockatoo Birdcages: Pet Supplies

Neither link works for me. As for the price of Quakers, I just looked at Birdbreeders.com and they are listed from $125.00 to $400.00 depending on the color/mutation of the bird.

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
weird idk y the links arnt working and they were regular green ones

OP
urmomsmin3

urmomsmin3

Oct 25, 2012
i ended up getting a great deal for 100$ its a 18x18x54 cage has a nice play space up top a seed guard pretty nice cage for the price

Most Reactions