Black and red conure?

Noodleholder

Dec 14, 2023
Parrots
Turqoise Green Cheek Conure
Can anyone identify this conure breed/color mutation? I went to a local bird store and they had this little guy with the most unusual colors. They said he was a rescue and they weren't sure what kind of conure he was. I've tried Google searching and never found one that looks like this. His back is entirely black, and his belly is a reddish-orange color. He was very friendly and cuddly!

Attachments

• 2023-08-05.jpg
    2023-08-05.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 21

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
That’s certainly a very interesting looking conure!
Do you happen to have any more pictures?

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
it looks like a crimson bellied conure but I'm not sure if it is sick or some kind of mutation

OP
Noodleholder

Noodleholder

Dec 14, 2023
Parrots
Turqoise Green Cheek Conure
That’s certainly a very interesting looking conure!
Do you happen to have any more pictures?
I don't have any more pictures but I'll probably return to the store some time soon to take some.
it looks like a crimson bellied conure but I'm not sure if it is sick or some kind of mutation
I asked the owner of another local bird store and he thought it might be darkened feather pigments due to liver disease

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I asked the owner of another local bird store and he thought it might be darkened feather pigments due to liver disease
I thought the same, I just wasn't sure if it is possible to have that bad feather condition because of the liver problems. But I think it is likely, it would mean that its liver is in very bad condition

Most Reactions