conure cold symptoms?

bettietheripper

May 3, 2014
Media
SoCal
Parrots
Sun Conure (Pipa), hatched 12/31/13
Hello everyone,

I just took Pipa to the vet and everything was great. But today I came home from work and my mom (her day baby sitter) mentioned she was more calm than usual. I too have noticed she's been more calm, and was just glad that her molting crankiness was done and over with.

However, she was with me and wouldn't move a lot. I noticed she fluffed and would try to sleep, which I feel is normal for sleepy Conures. But now she's on her tree perch and is just sitting there. She also sneezed wet more than once, and not after drinking water. She has moments of being super active, playful, etc, and these behaviors are more towards the end of the day, when, I am aware, they get a little more lethargic than usual...but reading opinions on conure colds online got me paranoid.

Should I watch her behavior tomorrow and then make a more informed decision? My parents are annoying with their fans and A/C on, and that's another reason why I'm worried. It's been 94+ and humid here in Cali, and the house can get stuffy. We are putting a towel atop her cage to see if she does better with warmth tonight.

Any advice?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm sorry Pipa might be under the weather. It's really best to take her to an avian vet to see what the trouble might be (if anything). Don't worry about fans and a/c. Ours are on all the time too. It's not literally blowing a current of freezing cold air all day right onto her... If she is sick, it's not because of that. Good luck. I'd make a vet appt asap :) and let us know what they say!

OP
bettietheripper

bettietheripper

May 3, 2014
Media
SoCal
Parrots
Sun Conure (Pipa), hatched 12/31/13
Well, she's dandy today, back to her normal, bratty self. I spoke to my vet tech friend, and she said birds don't get colds, that what most likely happened is A) something else, or B) she was playing with water and it got stuck, which is why she kept releasing it via sneezes. That was a long sentence :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts