crimson bellie conure help

jpm252cc

Feb 3, 2016
hello we have a 4 year old crimson bellie conure. her last 2 times going to have her wings beak and nails done. she has been having seizures i dont know if she has had them before they never said any thing. we take her to 2 diffrent places. and both are reputable places. we are not going to take her any more because we were told it can kill her if she dosent wake up. so if any one has any help on what could be done about this so we can continue to have this service done. if there really isnt any way to fix this. we will not ever take her to have this done. her life is much more important. thank you for every ones help

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Oh gosh, that sounds like it would be so scary for you! And I'm sure stressful for her too!

I think seizures would be a question for a veterinarian :/ Do you usually take her to a vet to have these things done? If so but if your vet isn't an avian-specific vet, maybe try looking for one in your general area? For her beak especially I'd lean toward having it done at an avian vet.

Here's a link Avian Vet Resources

If she's been checked by a vet recently and is otherwise healthy, or after you have her checked out to make sure she's ok, you could try to see if there are any home visit professionals with reviews - in my area there is a vet tech who's worked with birds for 20 years that does house calls for beak and nail trims.

I agree with you that it wouldn't be worth the risk to keep trying, if she's otherwise healthy. I have a new parrot that I adopted this fall, and I've been slowly training him to let me touch/hold his feet, with the goal that he'll let me just file a teeny bit of a nail if they get too long and snag on perches. I myself wouldn't be comfortable doing the rest but maybe something to try with her feet at least?

Good luck and I hope you find some answers!

Most Reactions

Latest posts