Found: One pretty little cockatiel in Brisbane, Australia :)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh what a pretty birdie! I am a "little" jealous but really so happy for you. Still praying for reunification with the owners of course but glad to know he is already in good hands of a world class bird mommy. He must have just escaped on the day you found him. What a lucky little devil:love:
Aaawww thank you Birds lover, that's very sweet of you to say! ❀️

I only wish poor old Fang was so happy about the current arrangements. I think he is praying that we find Jem's family more than all of us put together at the moment - he's REALLY not all that impressed!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

I only wish poor old Fang was so happy about the current arrangements. I think he is praying that we find Jem's family more than all of us put together at the moment - he's REALLY not all that impressed!
HOW DARE HE!?

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)

That's actually normal as they are just like human with emotions. Just make sure you give them equal or maybe for now more attention to Fang to reassure him that he is still being loved. What about offer more of his favorite treats and try not to give too much head scratching to little Jemmy at least not letting Fang sees you doing it;)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
That's actually normal as they are just like human with emotions. Just make sure you give them equal or maybe for now more attention to Fang to reassure him that he is still being loved. What about offer more of his favorite treats and try not to give too much head scratching to little Jemmy at least not letting Fang sees you doing it;)
Oh Fang still gets plenty of attention - thing is he's really more my husband's bird than mine, but he certainly lets me know when he wants a scratch when hubby's not here to do it. He's not being left out - he's just being typically Fang!

Birds lover from Hawaii

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 8, 2021
Media
Honolulu Hawaii
Parrots
Senegal (RIP: 5/21/94-10/20/21)
Oh Fang still gets plenty of attention - thing is he's really more my husband's bird than mine, but he certainly lets me know when he wants a scratch when hubby's not here to do it. He's not being left out - he's just being typically Fang!
I got it now. As a matter of fact, I also have someone just like him right here in my home :sneaky:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, my friend, my buddy, my Manuka, my Martini, my Smartypants, my MartyPants, my Smarty, my LaMarty, my LaSmarty, my buddy, my friend... I will never gather enough nicknames to express the totality of my feelings.
*sigh*
We suffered WITH you, before, and now, we smile, in hope. Well, if the original owner has a heart, they might consider leaving the Jemster with you, even if the owner is found: how much terror and relocation must a little angel ENDURE?
But let me just live in the moment. a tiny angel has filled just a small part of your broken heart. And vice versa?
Anyway... it's a good, good night.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Aunty Gailypants, it's been two weeks now since the little Jemster fluttered down from the roof of my garage and into my heart, and my bird vet tells me that if the original owner has not been found within that time, I might as well consider him to be mine. Honestly I would love to be able to reunite and still hope to do so, even though it would be very hard now to let him go - it already feels like he is very much settled in and at home. There were definitely one or two other angels at work in guiding Little Jem here ✨

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Aunty Gailypants, it's been two weeks now since the little Jemster fluttered down from the roof of my garage and into my heart, and my bird vet tells me that if the original owner has not been found within that time, I might as well consider him to be mine. Honestly I would love to be able to reunite and still hope to do so, even though it would be very hard now to let him go - it already feels like he is very much settled in and at home. There were definitely one or two other angels at work in guiding Little Jem here ✨
A lesser soul would have crossed ownership rubicon long ago. Respect for your efforts to reunite Jem, seems longshot at this juncture!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
D

Deleted member 42416

Was cleaning bird cages yesterday Disney Princess style (i.e with music) and the ABBA song β€œFernando” came on and reminded me of you, Martina. Have no idea why! The next song that played seemed more appropriate ☺️. I’ll put links for both:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Was cleaning bird cages yesterday Disney Princess style (i.e with music) and the ABBA song β€œFernando” came on and reminded me of you, Martina. Have no idea why! The next song that played seemed more appropriate ☺️. I’ll put links for both:

Beaky, I'm not saying that I've been an ABBA fanatic forever, but sometimes it feels like ...

lady-abba

Most Reactions