Funny budgie, parakeets and cockatiel stories

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Rainbow is a 4 year-old budgie who enjoys eating bread and recognizes that word: when I say it to him, he runs or flies to me and looks for a piece of bread in my hands.
After I give him the first piece, he kicks it back or covers it with his tiny body before warbling for more. If I "find" the ball of bread and place it in front of him, he pretends to eat. But when I turn away, he kicks his bread back again (further) and chirps for more.
Bread? What bread? I ain’t got nothin’!

Sneaky little bugger. Hahaha.🤣

Ronnie27

Oct 13, 2022
México
Parrots
Esmeralda, Perla, Arcoiris, Kiwi
Bread? What bread? I ain’t got nothin’!

Sneaky little bugger. Hahaha.🤣
Once he truly got nothing!
There was the last piece of bread, so I gave him first. He pretended to eat the ball of bread before kicking it as usual, but Mera (one of our Amazons) caught it. Few minutes later I returned, Mera was busy and my tiny scammer was quiet on his perch watching me like saying "it's your fault."
🤣😅
I couldn't give him Mera's, she had soaked hers before catching a new booty.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Otto was sitting on my shoulder, and I said, "Whatcha doing?" and Otto responded, "being a pretty bird"

If you walk by him without talking to him he'll yell, " Hi Otto, hello handsome!" Or something along those lines. If whistle like a wolf whistle and you don't whistle back he'll repeat it and slow it down like he's teaching you how.
Many more funny stories, I'll share later.
When one of my budgies said "birds can't talk"! My boyfriend at the time taught him to say that.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
whenever I change out their food cause by then it's just shells my bird Andy Squawkers turns into a cow and screams like it's her child or something I don't know.

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
heres some meme's and art i made.

Attachments

• DRAWINGS 01-Sketches-5.jpg
    DRAWINGS 01-Sketches-5.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 81asux.jpg
    81asux.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 81as2m.jpg
    81as2m.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 8

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
OK THIS JUST HAPPENDED 20 SECOND AGO. Andy flew off the painting on my labtop which I'm using right now. she was chilling with me eating my breakfast when Sky was like "Yo girl come over here" and she flew over like the little sweetheart she is.

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
This Happens to me regularly:

When I'm out of the bird room (Studying or talking to my friend through phone), I suddenly hear ear-wrecking Lovebird chirps. There have been times where snowii (My Lovebird) makes the same type of noise when in danger or if she has gotten herself into trouble.
I always fall for this trick of hers; She does it for attention or to get something she wants. I dart towards the bird room door and woosh it open, panicking. And there snowii is, Chilling on her favorite perch, Happy that I came to her demand. She then flies towards a panicking me, sits on my shoulder and preens herself, often begging for her scritches.. She has developed such a sassy but sweet personality as i raised her. I still remember the time she used to screetch the second she saw me when she was only 2 months old. I love this sassiness of hers!

Most Reactions

Latest posts