GCC softly talking to himself while getting steam

GreenCheek44

Nov 11, 2020
Southern California
Parrots
Green Cheek: Tango
Budgie: Hopper
So its pretty cold and dry where i live right now and wanted to give Tango some humidity so i let the shower run for a while with the door closed and then sat in there with him. When we went in he just kinda sat on my finger mumbling to himself very softly. There were also random clicks and sqeaks all very soft and "muffled". I never heard him make those sounds before so i took him out after 5 min. Any idea on what those sounds mean? Did he like it? Did he not like it?

PS: i did not take him into the shower itself we just sat on the toilet right next to it with the door still closed keeping the steam in.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Probably liked it.

I have just recently started bringing my budgies into bathroom for a steam shower, after noticing how much my conure liked sitting in the steam (although she avoids the actual shower). Last time I did this, having not first made the bathroom budgie-safe (need to block-off one area), I wound up spending the Whole Morning in the bathroom. (With my Kindle.) It was several Hours before anybirdie would consent to leave the room!

So I am sure your birdie prboably loved it too, you should try doing it again.

catastrophe

Dec 2, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
Loki - Sun conure; Lucifer, Goffin’s Cockatoo; Tink, Mustached Parakeet; Mr. Grinch, DYH Amazon
That sounds like happy bird noises :)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
he like
he snack
but sometimes
he like a steamy moist back.

Its fine,
In the morning I take a shower before work and I have a towel draped over the sliding door top rail so she doesn't slip off. and has something to destroy....that poor towel!

At first there is the water dance, then when I get in to soap up she relax and pretends not to be a pervert who can't not be in the same room with me. **sigh**

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
He like
he snack
but sometimes
he like a steamy moist back

I snorted reading this, too funny

Most Reactions