Hello everyone.

MyRuby

Sep 3, 2013
Savannah, Ga
Parrots
Sun Conure
Finch
Hahns Macaw
My family and I just acquired our first Sun Conure. There was a lady that lives in our county who has about 20 assorted Parrots and Ruby was being plucked by one of her other birds. She is not bad, she wanted to place her with a good family before it got out of hand. She acquires rescue birds, hence the reason for so many. I am told that she is female and approximately 3 yrs. old. She seems to have taken right to my wife and I. We look forward to learning and growing with her. She is so sweet. We also have a rescued Finch, my nephew just graduated college with a degree in avian biology and got a job with the poultry industry so my brother and family had to give up any birds that they had. I will be posting pictures of Ruby a little later. I'm looking forward to reading and learning all I can about the breed. Thanks in advance.
Randy

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Why did your brother have to give up the birds because of the poultry industry job? Are they afraid of certain virus and infection from birds at home?

OP
M

MyRuby

Sep 3, 2013
Savannah, Ga
Parrots
Sun Conure
Finch
Hahns Macaw
MikeyTN,
Yes, he had to sign a statement as a condition of employment that he or his family could not be associated with any fowl for fear of some form of cross contamination. It's sad. My brother had a flock of chickens, he most definitely had to give them up. Our gain though we acquired a nice Finch from the deal..

Most Reactions

Latest posts