May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Ohhh I'm on the other side of the world, copying is the Highest form of flattery πŸ‘Œ
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're also in the States...
Good try, though.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I love P names!!!! I'm going to keep Plavka as name for some future ( universe no, don't bring me one now) pet!

Come on ! I have Penny, Pikachu, and Pheobe !
IT IS A SIGN

honestly Plavka came to my mind since plava means "blue" in croatian, and Plavka is like a name... (oh so creative with names... like Zeleni, my IRN (meaning "the green one")

And copying is okay, as you said, highest form of flattery :D

Also I am losing the battle with my partner, he really doesn't want another birb D':

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Do you want the big ball of blue floof

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Sadly I do not bring good news..

While we did write the letter to the inspecting institution, now we can only sit and wait and hope they get a nice huge fine. Same chain of pet shop but a different location already was fined according to my friend, so I hope this might be a much bigger fine, if not even they get prohibited from selling animals.

As for the blue floof, well ... I cannot go against my partner. He really doesn't want to take him/her in. It hurts him as well, but we need to be realistic here. He is mostly worried about this war raging in the neighbouring country, and this news that a military drone fell in the capital od Croatia, my home country... Perhaps I am not meant to take this bird in. My heart aches so badly, but I really cannot go against his word and wishes. Another bird would mean another 20+year resposibility, aditional vet costs, and with all the prices skyrocketing... And quoting my partner: "You cannot save them all...Where do you draw the line?"

I'm quite espresso-depresso. But...i want to respect my partner. I need to. It's not a hamster we are talking about that only one person can take care of it, but rather both of us.
Also the point that buying the bird simply encourages the shop to get more birds later on. So best I can do is press the inspection to check them out.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I'm sorry to hear about this blue quaker. So beautiful! I have been in the same boat as you so many times. I want to adopt another parrot, or just take one in until I can find it a better home.

My husband has told me similar things to what you are currently hearing as he truly feels that I don't have the time, or ability to care for another parrot without taking away from the 2 I already have.

Hopefully with you putting the word out there someone will buy the quaker. You could always ask the owner of the shop if they want you to take in the parrot instead of buying it. If they don't clean the cage, or care for the parrot they may just want to get rid of it. You'll have to keep us updated on what takes place. I hope the quaker is able to find a good home with caring owners.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I come with even more upsetting news.

I have gotten a reply back from the inspection, with a very short reply that they were there, took a look and did what they had to do. Probably absolutely nothing.

The little blue fella wasn't there anymore, seems someone did buy him before the inspection. It just saddens me that this shit will just continue going into circles. Awful pet shops will get birds, people buy it from pitty, pet shops profit, and do it all again. I'm just afraid they won't change absolutely anything.

I'm in quite low spirits these days, and this certainly wasn't a good mail to wake up to.

Most Reactions

Latest posts