Is it immoral to eat birds around birds?

Is it immoral to eat bird meat in front of your bird?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Kind of?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
thats like saying its immoral to eat mammals. Its not same species. Maybe not eat a conure in front of a conure.....but eating a cow infront of a mouse is WAAAAAAYYYYY different. In fact birds love eating other birds. My conures like a bit of chicken.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
thats like saying its immoral to eat mammals. Its not same species. Maybe not eat a conure in front of a conure.....but eating a cow infront of a mouse is WAAAAAAYYYYY different. In fact birds love eating other birds. My conures like a bit of chicken.
I find it to be a funny thing and I do not believe it is immoral however, others think differently and I thought this poll would be interesting and fun! My bird also likes eating chicken, the few times we do eat chicken.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
It comes down to what your morals are to begin with as to whether it is immoral or not.
It is not for me because as smart as parrots are they do not understand that what you are eating was once alive much less that it was a bird.
Lots of chicken owners feed chicken meat/bones scraps back to their chickens, I personally don't cause I find it a bit weird but I also don't dig through the kitchen scraps to be sure no one else put some in there.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Not only do I eat chicken and turkey in front of Ralph, but I always share some with him. Ralph's uncle, otherwise known as my brother, once asked if it was proper for Ralph to be eating his own kind. I pointed out that Ralph is a parrot, not poultry. :D
That made me cackle! Thanks for the laugh cny!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
That made me cackle! Thanks for the laugh cny!
Rocky eats meat if I let her, including chicken, and she loves scrambled eggs. I give her a little bit a few times a week. If I'm eating meat that isn't overly salty and Rocky wants a bite I let her. There's a big difference between eating parrots and eating chicken, but if I had a pet chicken I wouldn't feed it chicken and I probably wouldn't eat chicken myself either.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
It comes down to what your morals are to begin with as to whether it is immoral or not.
It is not for me because as smart as parrots are they do not understand that what you are eating was once alive much less that it was a bird.
Lots of chicken owners feed chicken meat/bones scraps back to their chickens, I personally don't cause I find it a bit weird but I also don't dig through the kitchen scraps to be sure no one else put some in there.
My family is very mixed on this haha my brother finds it wrong yet funny, my mom finds it to be VERY wrong, my dad is unknown about it because I don’t really talk to him, my grandparents are also very divided. I find it to be just fine.

People feed chicken to their chickens? That’s kinda messed up because that is literally cannibalism, although it is natural due to the fact that cannibalism is very common in nature.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Rocky eats meat if I let her, including chicken, and she loves scrambled eggs. I give her a little bit a few times a week. If I'm eating meat that isn't overly salty and Rocky wants a bite I let her. There's a big difference between eating parrots and eating chicken, but if I had a pet chicken I wouldn't feed it chicken and I probably wouldn't eat chicken myself either.
If the chickens are acting up, go to your local carrs or Fred meyer’s, buy some fried chicken, and eat it in front of them to assert dominance.

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
My family is very mixed on this haha my brother finds it wrong yet funny, my mom finds it to be VERY wrong, my dad is unknown about it because I don’t really talk to him, my grandparents are also very divided. I find it to be just fine.

People feed chicken to their chickens? That’s kinda messed up because that is literally cannibalism, although it is natural due to the fact that cannibalism is very common in nature.
I don't really see it as messed up, some are doing it so nothing is wasted. It's just a personal thing for me, mine have plenty of other things to eat they don't need chicken.
Given the chance chickens will cannibalise other live injured chicken, they seem sweet and loveable but can be quite savage sometimes...

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
If the chickens are acting up, go to your local carrs or Fred meyer’s, buy some fried chicken, and eat it in front of them to assert dominance.
And if Rocky acts up I'll just eat a budgie! Gotta show her who's the boss, and I just happen to have her father's body in my freezer! (Buddy died five months ago and the ground was frozen so his proper burial was delayed).

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
And if Rocky acts up I'll just eat a budgie! Gotta show her who's the boss, and I just happen to have her father's body in my freezer! (Buddy died five months ago and the ground was frozen so his proper burial was delayed).
make some KFB and while eating it, say “YOU'RE NEXT.”

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I don't really see it as messed up, some are doing it so nothing is wasted. It's just a personal thing for me, mine have plenty of other things to eat they don't need chicken.
Given the chance chickens will cannibalise other live injured chicken, they seem sweet and loveable but can be quite savage sometimes...
Yeah, chickens are little savages sometimes. Thankfully it’s not like humans. Could you imagine a chicken doing the absolutely horrible crimes you see on the news?

Iris227

Jun 1, 2022
Parrots
Mango - male opaline redhead lovebird; Frosty - male opaline blue whiteheaded lovebird; Muffin - wild green budgie; Cookie - lutino budgie
My bird once tried to eat some chicken off my plate! Plus, it's healthy for them to sometimes eat hard-boiled egg, so yeah.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I voted no. Mostly coz my budgies and parrotlet are obsessed with chicken, and Snowberry the YCA also likes chicken sometimes.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I live in minnesota and had to do this once. It was a good bird and deserved a proper burial next to a particular bush I planted with clark once.

junior98

Oct 17, 2022
New England
Parrots
1998 senegal parrot
Is it immoral to eat things like chicken, duck, Turkey, etc. in front of your bird?
I give my bird chicken, so I don't know. I do try and keep my consumption of chicken low since they are birds and I know they are not treated great during their lifecycles... Junior does like chicken...

Most Reactions