Is this a normal behavior???

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi guys!

My boy just started doing this and Iā€™m a bit concerned! Heā€™s seven months old, and hasnā€™t had any health issues so far. He just got a checkup about a week ago and my CAV said heā€™s healthy. Iā€™m not sure if this is hormonal, play, or something I should be concerned about. Link to video of the behavior. Sorry for the double chin lmao

Iā€™m hoping this is a trust thing as Iā€™ve seen conures do similar stuff. It just started today.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Haha, thank you ā˜ŗļø He is a handsome little baby.

Ah thatā€™s so good to hear!! Iā€™m trying my best to not pet anywhere stimulating, but itā€™s also hard not to kiss that belly when itā€™s offeredā€¦

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
He's so cute! That little purr is adorable!

And don't apologize for your appearance; that's what everyone's jawlines do when we take photos that angle ;) Also everyone's too distracted by your awesome shirt and your cutie pie parrot šŸ˜

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
He's so cute! That little purr is adorable!

And don't apologize for your appearance; that's what everyone's jawlines do when we take photos that angle ;) Also everyone's too distracted by your awesome shirt and your cutie pie parrot šŸ˜
Oh god isnā€™t it??? I fell in love with his purr day one šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m really self conscious so! Haha thank you, my friend made me the shirt!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
He is so cute and he really loves you! What a doll! And very very tame.

Yes, heā€™s a bit hormonal. If he starts rubbing his vent on you, put him back in his cage calmly for a time out.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I had to find this thread and watch your video again because your bird is so cute and loves you so much. My Lucy used to groom my hair and cuddle with me like heā€™s doing with you. Iā€™d end up with her tail in my face until Iā€™d have to pick her up and move her back to my lap. Then sheā€™d climb up my shirt and weā€™d start over again.

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
I had to find this thread and watch your video again because your bird is so cute and loves you so much. My Lucy used to groom my hair and cuddle with me like heā€™s doing with you. Iā€™d end up with her tail in my face until Iā€™d have to pick her up and move her back to my lap. Then sheā€™d climb up my shirt and weā€™d start over again.
Awwwww

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
He is so cute and he really loves you! What a doll! And very very tame.

Yes, heā€™s a bit hormonal. If he starts rubbing his vent on you, put him back in his cage calmly for a time out.
Iā€™m so happy, you have no idea šŸ˜­ heā€™s started snuggling up to my cheek and turning his head over to be pet under the chin.

Ok, thatā€™s definitely something Iā€™m concerned about considering his age. Heā€™s just starting to hit that first big rush of hormones I think. Thank you for the advice, if he humps heā€™ll definitely be getting a time out!!!

Most Reactions