Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jack, imperfectly shy! LOL

21910d1546917638-january-2019-potm-img_6046.jpg

Jack is stunning, what a beautiful colour he is! What a sweetheart.

This is Gorgeous George... he is the son of two of my older macaws (a blue and gold & a milligold) we assume he was laying against the egg and that’s why his beak is curved to the side... doesn’t stop him from being fabulous!
89652a313fc795394cad10f41197caab.jpg
634688c88759cf87478cdb261f43f18a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous George is indeed fabulous! He is beautiful, his beak makes him unique.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
2af18a3d8308380aeb2ef577df1afdd0.jpg

This is Skittles our sun conure. He had both legs broken in the nest box and was given to us by the breeder to basically take home and make comfortable as we were told he wouldn’t survive he wasn’t growing or growing feathers we took him home and spoon fed him and he started thriving and our vet told us he would never perch and 6 years later he is still with us and perching.

What a wonderful success story! I'm so glad he was given to you, you changed his life. He is a real beauty.

999f4e9dfa91d95f38544b1c0908c069.jpg

Mummy says I look like a lil alien when I have a bath- Indi

You are the most adorable alien I have ever seen. I love wet birdies:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am amazed at the breathtaking beauty and meaning of the entries.

Honestly, this month is becoming more cathartic than a contest.

mboundy

Dec 27, 2018
2af18a3d8308380aeb2ef577df1afdd0.jpg

This is Skittles our sun conure. He had both legs broken in the nest box and was given to us by the breeder to basically take home and make comfortable as we were told he wouldn’t survive he wasn’t growing or growing feathers we took him home and spoon fed him and he started thriving and our vet told us he would never perch and 6 years later he is still with us and perching.

I'm glad his legs healed up. My Poco's broken leg healed up perfectly thanks to the cast.
4da70c75c0ec77ebd30e7a635a9f09cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dregarciatat2

Nov 4, 2018
Jack, imperfectly shy! LOL

21910d1546917638-january-2019-potm-img_6046.jpg

Jack is stunning, what a beautiful colour he is! What a sweetheart.

This is Gorgeous George... he is the son of two of my older macaws (a blue and gold & a milligold) we assume he was laying against the egg and that’s why his beak is curved to the side... doesn’t stop him from being fabulous!
89652a313fc795394cad10f41197caab.jpg
634688c88759cf87478cdb261f43f18a.jpg

Gorgeous George is indeed fabulous! He is beautiful, his beak makes him unique.

Why thank you! He also has the largest feet of any macaw I’ve ever seen. Lol

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I can't stay away from this thread. It's everything that's beautiful about... US... and our fids. I wish every single one could be the winner. It's gonna kill me to vote.

Wow, Terry, just WOW. L'il Phoe would be proud. I wish we could re-name the prize "The Phoester", like "The Oscar"...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Been a little busier than usual this month, so I haven't had the chance to say until now, but I think this is already the most moving POTM we've ever had. Thank you so much for this theme, Terry. It is a fitting tribute to the beautiful spirit of Phoe, and a love letter to all the birds of this community who succeed in stealing our hearts despite their circumstances and challenges.

Every entry thus far has touched my heart, and I don't doubt they will continue to do so. Please keep them coming!

Here is a Just For Fun entry of Bixby, my first ekkie, who was born with a disease and as a result didn't make it to his 2nd birthday. But despite his illness, he made an indelible mark on me... and forever owns a place in my heart. You're still missed, Bixby! But I know you're in very good company.
AX3Vlmo.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm glad his legs healed up. My Poco's broken leg healed up perfectly thanks to the cast.

I'm so glad that Poco's leg healed! I bet he was glad when that cast came off.

Been a little busier than usual this month, so I haven't had the chance to say until now, but I think this is already the most moving POTM we've ever had. Thank you so much for this theme, Terry. It is a fitting tribute to the beautiful spirit of Phoe, and a love letter to all the birds of this community who succeed in stealing our hearts despite their circumstances and challenges.

Every entry thus far has touched my heart, and I don't doubt they will continue to do so. Please keep them coming!

Here is a Just For Fun entry of Bixby, my first ekkie, who was born with a disease and as a result didn't make it to his 2nd birthday. But despite his illness, he made an indelible mark on me... and forever owns a place in my heart. You're still missed, Bixby! But I know you're in very good company.
AX3Vlmo.jpg

Beautiful Bixby, the warrior. He was such an inspiration to me, he fought so hard. I hope he and Phoe are as good a friends as we are, I do believe they are.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

I'm so glad that Poco's leg healed! I bet he was glad when that cast came off.

AX3Vlmo.jpg

Beautiful Bixby, the warrior. He was such an inspiration to me, he fought so hard. I hope he and Phoe are as good a friends as we are, I do believe they are.

In life you sheltered him in your hands, and now you shelter him in your heart!! Such a wonderful photo of love!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

I know they are, sweetheart. And that thought does bring me solace.

In life you sheltered him in your hands, and now you shelter him in your heart!! Such a wonderful photo of love!

Thank you for such beautiful words, Laura. That means a lot.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
My entry this month is a picture of my Nanday Conure, Finley. As some of you may know Finley has a mental condition that may have been caused by force weaning and not being fledged ect and has manifested itself into self distructive behaviors. He isn't a plucker but he will fly to the ground and flap around frantically (with no warning or reason) and be so out of control he can and has injured himself to the point of bleeding and being rushed to the vet on several occasions. We rehomed him for 2 months at the height of these episodes as we were worried for his health and well being because he also suddently became terrified of me and would bite with no reason or warning. So I thought that I was somehow causing his issues or at the very least making them happen more often by stressing him out. During the time he was at Under My Wing Avian Refuge (a no adopt bird sancuary) I visited Finley every weekend because I missed him and durring those visits he was obsessed with me and never left my side. He would not even get off my shoulder for a treat and he would bite anyone who tried to get him to step up while I was there, including my husband who I was almost sure Finley preffered over me. He was well taken care of there and he was not yet with the other birds and got plenty of human interaction and the owner of the refuge spent hours with him a day. In the end, we decided to bring him home because of how strongly he reacted while I was visiting him and I just knew for sure he was my special perfect boy and needed my love and dedication and was well deserving of it. I now how 4 conures of different species and Finley is definitely the most difficult and every day with him is a challenge. I am not one of those people who can leave a bird in a cage and just chalk it up to them not being able to be held or handled because they may bite or are unpredictable. I handle Finley probably more than I handle any of the other birds because I know he needs me more. I don't care if he bites me, I just put him down and turn my back and go put a bandage on and then pick him right back up and make sure he knows how much I love him. Finley is truely a really good boy at heart and out of all my birds he's the one who I have sucessfully trained to do several tricks and he's always happy to give me kisses and lets me pet his beak and head. I love him so much and I am not really sure what I would do without him in my life. Oh and my husband and I still go to the sancuary nearly every weekend and volunteer and we bring Finley with us and he LOVES it. Thank you Finley!

Just for Fun:
pie0ElV.jpg

This is my Entry:
V4bRTs4.jpg

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
My entry this month is a picture of my Nanday Conure, Finley. As some of you may know Finley has a mental condition that may have been caused by force weaning and not being fledged ect and has manifested itself into self distructive behaviors. He isn't a plucker but he will fly to the ground and flap around frantically (with no warning or reason) and be so out of control he can and has injured himself to the point of bleeding and being rushed to the vet on several occasions. We rehomed him for 2 months at the height of these episodes as we were worried for his health and well being because he also suddently became terrified of me and would bite with no reason or warning. So I thought that I was somehow causing his issues or at the very least making them happen more often by stressing him out. During the time he was at Under My Wing Avian Refuge (a no adopt bird sancuary) I visited Finley every weekend because I missed him and durring those visits he was obsessed with me and never left my side. He would not even get off my shoulder for a treat and he would bite anyone who tried to get him to step up while I was there, including my husband who I was almost sure Finley preffered over me. He was well taken care of there and he was not yet with the other birds and got plenty of human interaction and the owner of the refuge spent hours with him a day. In the end, we decided to bring him home because of how strongly he reacted while I was visiting him and I just knew for sure he was my special perfect boy and needed my love and dedication and was well deserving of it. I now how 4 conures of different species and Finley is definitely the most difficult and every day with him is a challenge. I am not one of those people who can leave a bird in a cage and just chalk it up to them not being able to be held or handled because they may bite or are unpredictable. I handle Finley probably more than I handle any of the other birds because I know he needs me more. I don't care if he bites me, I just put him down and turn my back and go put a bandage on and then pick him right back up and make sure he knows how much I love him. Finley is truely a really good boy at heart and out of all my birds he's the one who I have sucessfully trained to do several tricks and he's always happy to give me kisses and lets me pet his beak and head. I love him so much and I am not really sure what I would do without him in my life. Oh and my husband and I still go to the sancuary nearly every weekend and volunteer and we bring Finley with us and he LOVES it. Thank you Finley!

Just for Fun:
pie0ElV.jpg

This is my Entry:
V4bRTs4.jpg
Yay Finley! He's beautiful. I'm so glad you stuck with him, and he's home with you where he belongs. A well deserved Parront of the year award goes right here IMHO.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Just for Fun:
pie0ElV.jpg

This is my Entry:
V4bRTs4.jpg

I'm so happy to see Sweet Finley! The progress you have made with Finley is amazing, and an inspiration to everyone with similar issues.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Thank you! I honestly catch myself getting sucked into the Finley vortex for hours and just talking to him, giving him kisses and telling him he's my boyfriend and how if the world knew how much I loved him that it would explode. He's just my special green boy!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The FINLEY VORTEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
All these entries remind me of why this forum is such a special place on the web. t'will be hard indeed voting in the end.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Such amazing and heartwarming entries already! And we're only halfway through the month! Keep them coming, everyone! I may have mentioned this once or twice, but I LOVE this theme!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
We have a photo contest every month and we have had some amazing contests, there's always a gallery of exceptional photography and with every entry we get to know each other just a little better. But this contest, it embodies the spirit of ParrotForums, a photo essay of all the reasons we choose parrots as companions and make them family. A heartfelt thank you to each and every entry in this special contest.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

The FINLEY VORTEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was late to my workout today because I was too busy giving Finley kisses because he was in really good mood.

Anyways, why isn't RB in this thread yet?!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Desi, it's just so hard to choose an entry! He has so many charming attributes. This was my most recent reminder of his sweet personality.

JUST FOR "FUN" (if fun and bloodshed can be shoved into the same thought)!

InvLeRN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts