January 2019 POTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?

Better late than never lol! In keeping with a parrot's lag in acceptance of all things new, a disheveled looking Noodles wishes you all a merry Christmas....In January! LOL (And yes, this really was taken in January :) haha)

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Better late than never lol! In keeping with a parrot's lag in acceptance of all things new, a disheveled looking Noodles wishes you all a merry Christmas....In January! LOL (And yes, this really was taken in January :) haha)

It's never too late to receive Christmas wishes from Beautiful Noodles!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Submission

Two sisters first bath....

Attachments

• 20181226_055556 (2).jpg
    20181226_055556 (2).jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 305
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Paris (RB cockatoo/Galah)
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Hi All,
Its Australia day and let me enter my imperfectly perfect Aussie Pink Chicken.

Paris is a rescue, now when I say rescue; I mean I jumped barb wire fences and shuffled under some pretty thick (potential snake filled) shrubbery to catch this little girl!

I'm a wildlife rehabber, and in Australia, it means Galahs are just part of the call outs.
So I get this call- Galah can't fly, drooped wing, was in a backyard but needs to be rescued as has made its way into a neighbours as the caller was trying to catch it.
I got here, wasn't the easiest rescue, but wasn't the worst! Into a carrier she goes.
Now when I pick up wildlife I observe for a while before I start to assess.
This little girl was preening, having a good drink and looking like a normal Galah except that horrid wing droop (no pain that she was displaying, and despite their ability to hide the pain, I'm trained to know the signs).
OK time for the vet visit cage.. towel at the ready (I don't usually glove up).. and this little darling puts her head down for a scratch.. uh ohh! Pet bird here! So after awkwardly stepping up I start to assess. That droop is not a fresh injury.
Short story is, vet visit=old break that has calcified, she can move the wing (as seen in the photo) she waddles when she walks and is the most darling creature I've ever cared for.
Advertised for her owners for months to no avail and that was approx 13 years ago.
I present the imperfect perfect Paris.. The one rescue that stayed!
pink%20chicken_1.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Paris is indeed a beautiful (and very lucky!) girl, and like any good Aussie she knows a good deal when she sees one! I know the terror of jumping into the possibly snake/spider/Lord-only-knows-what-else filled undergrowth to pull out an escaped pet bird so kudos to you for that too. Such a pity that her parronts were unable to claim her back but she certainly has found a wonderful loving new home with you:)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hi All,

Paris is a rescue, now when I say rescue; I mean I jumped barb wire fences and shuffled under some pretty thick (potential snake filled) shrubbery to catch this little girl!

I'm a wildlife rehabber, and in Australia, it means Galahs are just part of the call outs.
So I get this call- Galah can't fly, drooped wing, was in a backyard but needs to be rescued as has made its way into a neighbours as the caller was trying to catch it.
I got here, wasn't the easiest rescue, but wasn't the worst! Into a carrier she goes.
This little girl was preening, having a good drink and looking like a normal Galah except that horrid wing droop (no pain that she was displaying, and despite their ability to hide the pain, I'm trained to know the signs).
OK time for the vet visit cage.. towel at the ready (I don't usually glove up).. and this little darling puts her head down for a scratch.. uh ohh! Pet bird here! So after awkwardly stepping up I start to assess. That droop is not a fresh injury.
Short story is, vet visit=old break that has calcified, she can move the wing (as seen in the photo) she waddles when she walks and is the most darling creature I've ever cared for.
Advertised for her owners for months to no avail and that was approx 13 years ago.
pink%20chicken_1.jpg
A gorgeous happy looking girl! What s rescue! She wouldn't have lasted long like that! Thank you for the rescue, and thanks for keeping her!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
***** Just "for fun" entry! *****

The imperfect face of male cockatoo aggression. :( This is Peanut, a female Goffins permanently separated from her long-term mate, Popcorn. Together in my home from 1987 to about 2010, they were bonded and produced three offspring. Prior owners stated they were paired for 12 years. Popcorn began to ignore and stand apart from Peanut about one year prior. One day he viciously attacked, found her cowering at bottom of their flight cage. Bloodied and weakened, took her to the vet and immediately separated them. She completely healed sans areas of feathers around her beak, eyes, and right ear. Peanut happily lives uncaged in a bird room with two of her offspring and a TAG. Popcorn was recently paired (no nestbox) in a flight cage with a female Citron. She's just big enough to defend herself, and they appear nicely bonded.

RhsGu0n.jpg

With pellet in beak!
KfuGGOk.jpg

Peanut is amazing for a wild-caught bird. As gentle or more so than her three hand-fed offspring, never bit and broke skin. Loves to stand on shoulder and cuddle!

Last edited:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

The imperfect face of male cockatoo aggression. :( This is Peanut, a female Goffins permanently separated from her long-term mate, Popcorn. Together in my home from 1987 to about 2010, they were bonded and produced three offspring. Prior owners stated they were paired for 12 years. Popcorn began to ignore and stand apart from Peanut about one year prior. One day he viciously attacked, found her cowering at bottom of their flight cage. Bloodied and weakened, took her to the vet and immediately separated them. She completely healed sans areas of feathers around her beak, eyes, and right ear. Peanut happily lives uncaged in a bird room with two of her offspring and a TAG. Popcorn was recently paired (no nestbox) in a flight cage with a female Citron. She's just big enough to defend herself, and they appear nicely bonded.

RhsGu0n.jpg

With pellet in beak!
KfuGGOk.jpg

Peanut is amazing for a wild-caught bird. As gentle or more so than her three hand-fed offspring, never bit and broke skin. Loves to stand on shoulder and cuddle!

Goffins look they wear s party hat! A beautiful lady. Ate makes agressive to mates in the wild?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Goffins look they wear s party hat! A beautiful lady. Ate makes agressive to mates in the wild?

Not sure if aggressive in the wild, but can be in captivity. For that reason many cockatoo breeders have nest boxes with two openings, so the female can escape if cornered.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hi All,

pink%20chicken_1.jpg

Paris is stunning! You are a true hero, Paris hit the lottery the day you found her. What an inspirational story.

RhsGu0n.jpg

With pellet in beak!
KfuGGOk.jpg

Peanut is such a sweetheart, what a beautiful face she has! I wonder what caused Popcorn's sudden aggression? It is so scary how quickly things can change.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
your honors I move to strike carolineBradley's submission; ....as the bird is TO CUTE and the back-story is too heart-re-affirmatively awesome.

It leaves no chance for anyone else...

It's no contest. I'd even vote against my own interests.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
lolololololololol

Every entry is more beautiful than the last. I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
I think with no prejudice that this is my Fav theme for a POTM contest ever!
Each entry makes my heart ache with pride that we love our feathered companions beyond looks and normal behavior.
I haven't quite figured out how to individually reply, but thank you for the lovely comments on my beautiful Paris... I'm definitely the lucky one in this equation..

Wanna know how she got the name, after Paris Hilton (who was in the news the time I did her rescue):
Well, she is pretty in pink, prone to a few tantrums and has had her time behind bars ;)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Each entry makes my heart ache with pride that we love our feathered companions beyond looks and normal behavior.
I haven't quite figured out how to individually reply, but thank you for the lovely comments on my beautiful Paris... I'm definitely the lucky one in this equation..

Wanna know how she got the name, after Paris Hilton (who was in the news the time I did her rescue):
Well, she is pretty in pink, prone to a few tantrums and has had her time behind bars ;)

Oh no! Not only too cute, back story to heartwarming, now a humourous naming story! I think this is called stacking the deck!!!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

Beautifully said! And I love how Paris got her name, that is hysterical!

your honors I move to strike carolineBradley's submission; ....as the bird is TO CUTE and the back-story is too heart-re-affirmatively awesome.

It leaves no chance for anyone else...

It's no contest. I'd even vote against my own interests.

Motion.... denied

HAHAHA! Case closed!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Clark, Zod and I do not dispute, and will simply stand on our objections... although we would like to point out that the bird is named after Paris Hilton.....not something noble....

Sigh, I know...

wait when you do the contest you just post the pics right Terry? We has a chance!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
Clark, Zod and I do not dispute, and will simply stand on our objections... although we would like to point out that the bird is named after Paris Hilton.....not something noble....

Sigh, I know...

wait when you do the contest you just post the pics right Terry? We has a chance!

Ha haha.. Poor ole Paris..
Paris may not be noble naming, but my Paris definitely owns that name now :)

Clark and Zod are cutie conures.. may the odds ever be in your favour :orange::orange::gcc::gcc:

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
This *IS* the best contest ever. I know, I just keep sayin' it.

This is the best contest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions