Kakariki and Princess of Whales Parrot

kalypso123

Aug 16, 2014
Media
Tallahassee, Florida
Parrots
Cockatiel- Kalypso
Does anyone know of a rescue in Florida or South Georga and South Alabama that have a Kakariki or a Princess of Whales parrot? I am looking to take in one of the two and would prefer to adopt.

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
I only know of a breeder here in New York City unfortunately, and he gets his Kaks from Cali. You should try searching online maybe petfinder or I think one is adoptapet?? something of the like... But basically where you can search for a specific type of pet in regards to where you are located. I know Kakarikis are hard to find, I am lucky to have found a breeder near me. Good luck!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
You are not typically going to find POW in rescues. Though my mom keeps one as a pet, they are usually seen in aviaries not as pet birds, due to a little more of a flighty wild nature even after being hand fed. They are pretty gentle though. Patches is even a pretty good talker. He loves to play with toys, but is not handleable. He finally (after years) will step up for my mom and only to go back into his cage. He will not step up for anyone else.

Most Reactions