Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
May's POTM Theme is

"Personal Favourite"

animated-dividing-line-image-0224.gif

This month we want to see one of your favourite photos or videos you have taken of your bird.
If you would like to include why it is your favourite that would be awesome!

The photos y'all post every month are always fantastic, and I am looking forward to seeing the photos that everyone chooses.

The contest will run until the morning (MST) of May 29th, and a poll for voting will go up then. The winner will be announced on June 1.

The winner will receive a Supporting Membership for a year,
and their photo will be on the forum home page for the month of June.
One official entry per person, but you can add as many Just for Fun entries as you want!
Please make sure to specify which one is your official entry, and remember to follow all forum rules for safety, etc.
Please include your bird's name somewhere in your post:)

Examples

This photo of Pisces is one of my favourites because I think it shows off her beautiful colours after a bath.

9EACSVq.jpg

This video of Talli because he makes me laugh.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7zUBNrC1o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7zUBNrC1o[/ame]

Darwin stepping up for the first time.

BAolXxo.jpg

animated-dividing-line-image-0224.gif

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Terry what a superb contest theme this is! I'm so excited we will get to see everyone's favourite pics, it will be another stellar month! :D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
This is a perfect, yet simple kind of theme Terry! I love it! Everyone has favorite pictures of their babies, and here's the chance to show them off without the confines of a specific frame. I predict lots of incredible entries on this one :)

BTW, your picture of Pisces is absolutely stunning!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Great idea!
After that crazy party extravaganza last month, let's slow down and share some sweet sentiments...!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Help with self portrait..
She so wanted to be part of it
laurasea-albums-ta-dah-picture22989-20201118-212948.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Simple but taskworthy contest, Terry! We're going to enjoy perusing all manner of treasured pics to find the singular, most majestic personal favourite!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Terry what a superb contest theme this is! I'm so excited we will get to see everyone's favourite pics, it will be another stellar month! :D

Thank you, Mart! I'm also looking forward to all the wonderful pics:)

This is a perfect, yet simple kind of theme Terry! I love it! Everyone has favorite pictures of their babies, and here's the chance to show them off without the confines of a specific frame. I predict lots of incredible entries on this one :)

BTW, your picture of Pisces is absolutely stunning!

Thank you Jon, I have always loved this pic of Pisces.

Great idea!
After that crazy party extravaganza last month, let's slow down and share some sweet sentiments...!

I can't wait to see which pic of the Rb that you choose, you have so many great ones to pick from!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
17da03f80062885acc16d3e37e2a8a0d49a0f9eb.jpg

He's got a hat!

Awww, that floofer makes the perfect hat for beautiful Lincoln!

Help with self portrait..
She so wanted to be part of it
laurasea-albums-ta-dah-picture22989-20201118-212948.jpg

Look at her concentration, what a great helper she is:)

Simple but taskworthy contest, Terry! We're going to enjoy perusing all manner of treasured pics to find the singular, most majestic personal favourite!

Thank you Scott, I think you may have to post a few JFF, you have so many great pics that it may be hard to pick just one:)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I have sooooo many favorite pictures of my snuggly feathered kids, but this is a new favorite, from just this morning. Why this one? PROGRESS! (and, she looks mighty pleased with herself!)

Dear Miss Baxter has never been a huge fan of her veggies, with the exception of corn. She gets them every day and nibbles, but leaves most of them behind or tosses them.

Today she had lots of interest in helping me with feeding time. She had to closely inspect the empty bowls after I washed them. Cuteness! I got as far as cutting up some carrots and red peppers, and she scrambled down and grabbed a carrot and devoured it while I held the bowl! She continued until there was nothing left! I'm so proud of my little girl! Suffice to say, catching a picture of her with "Veggie Beak" is a rare treat indeed :)
JFF...
5b888c7940e29761c4efec043fcd90b7.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I have sooooo many favorite pictures of my snuggly feathered kids, but this is a new favorite, from just this morning. Why this one? PROGRESS! (and, she looks mighty pleased with herself!)

Dear Miss Baxter has never been a huge fan of her veggies, with the exception of corn. She gets them every day and nibbles, but leaves most of them behind or tosses them.

Today she had lots of interest in helping me with feeding time. She had to closely inspect the empty bowls after I washed them. Cuteness! I got as far as cutting up some carrots and red peppers, and she scrambled down and grabbed a carrot and devoured it while I held the bowl! She continued until there was nothing left! I'm so proud of my little girl! Suffice to say, catching a picture of her with "Veggie Beak" is a rare treat indeed :)
JFF...

Nothing like the sweet mess of success to ensure a great pic! YAY Baxter!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

JFF...

Glad Baxter has learned "Veggie beaks are happy beaks!"

Ah yes, corn! She won't be like the infamous Scotsman, "I didn't have any corn!"

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

JFF...

Baxter's such a smart girl, she knows what's good for her. She also knows that coral coloured lipstick is in this year!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Terry - what kind of bird is Pisces? She's gorgeous!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thank you, Inger! She is a White-Capped Pionus:)

Uesuva

May 3, 2021
This is Liela around when I first brought her home, she’s about 7 months old and loves her grapes

26164d1620089284-may-2021-potm-contest-381b24f8-632d-47cd-809e-c0700a0afc60.jpeg

Attachments

• 381B24F8-632D-47CD-809E-C0700A0AFC60.jpeg
    381B24F8-632D-47CD-809E-C0700A0AFC60.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)