Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Its not for a calendar it's a monthly contest :) The first page will tell you the rules and rewards :)

I think Uglow may have been making a suggestion. A good one, at that!

Ahh sorry Missed that one. Yes it would be good to take the winner from every month and make a calendar :)

You know, I just read this and maybe had an idea. It may be less than half-baked, but its there. Would it be possible for someone to actually make that calendar? If it would be, would it be possible to sell them on here? I am not sure about rules for that, which is why I ask. I am just sort of thinking how well it would go over if it was done, and the proceeds were to go to either a parrot charity, or some foundation that works with wild parrot populations, or whatever. Like I said, I don't know if it would be doable, but maybe it could be worth at least looking into a little?

Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
I know a "green tree python" group on facebook did just that. People paid through paypal, and got their calendars. However they did it to just cover the costs of making them. There were no profits, donations, ect.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We do that over on a BMW z3 site, but the run is pretty big and they ain't cheap, if you want good quality ones. I'd buy a parrot calendar from here!

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
It would be awesome to have a calendar with our own fids on it :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
ParrotForum's Calendar? Awesome photos.

You know, I just read this and maybe had an idea. It may be less than half-baked, but its there. Would it be possible for someone to actually make that calendar? If it would be, would it be possible to sell them on here? I am not sure about rules for that, which is why I ask. I am just sort of thinking how well it would go over if it was done, and the proceeds were to go to either a parrot charity, or some foundation that works with wild parrot populations, or whatever. Like I said, I don't know if it would be doable, but maybe it could be worth at least looking into a little?

Not sure about the feasibility of doing this, but it's a nice idea. We'll discuss it in the Mod Forum and, if it does seem workable, we'll present the idea to Admin.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I'll stay out of the review side of this.

On the doable side, there has been a ton of PhotoShop enhancements that may include simplifying and cost reducing this concept. My tech skills are more old school, so other then saying that....

FYI: The Amazon Society did one years ago (three of them over three years) and it had a small run made a small profit, which went to off-set the costs of a Study Group in deep South America regarding Yellow-Winged Amazons. Much older tech and no-way near the HD photos of today. Stayed away from the costly paper and another stuff to save costs.

Laughingwillow

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Parrots
English Budgies Rasta & Emilio - American Budgies Cloud & Twila
I'm a graphic designer and could help with putting the calendar together :)
Just a thought :)
Light & Love

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
Tiki is molting and its allergy season in Upstate New York, so she was less than thrilled with the flowers for the POTM Contest as they make me sneeze and it freaks her out a little so we had to make due with the flowering tree out front. We tried at least! :)

Attachments

• 20160520_194603.jpg
    20160520_194603.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
Thanks! She's a sweet little chicken when she isn't biting. We're working on that though.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Tiki is molting and its allergy season in Upstate New York, so she was less than thrilled with the flowers for the POTM Contest as they make me sneeze and it freaks her out a little so we had to make due with the flowering tree out front. We tried at least! :)

Adorable pic of Tiki...looking really pretty with the blossoms on the tree in the background...really nice Pic....she looks soooo Cute :)

aroona786

Mar 24, 2015
Parrots
Aalexandrine parakeet named Sweetu.
All the parrots are sooo cute. I wish them a good luck.:)

Here are my pretty birdies, Sweetu and Pinky

EeQRrKX.jpg

EeQRrKX

EeQRrKX

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
All the parrots are sooo cute. I wish them a good luck.:)

Here are my pretty birdies, Sweetu and Pinky

EeQRrKX.jpg

EeQRrKX

EeQRrKX
Awwe they are Gorgeous like they are playing peek a boo among the flowers ...Beautiful pic of two Adorable Birdies :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Still time for a few more entries in this month's photo contest! So many gorgeous entries already, it will be challenging to choose.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Here is my entry!

IMG_20160520_173312218.jpg

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Love this pic Blancaej...all dressed up too for his photoshoot among the blooms...Gorgeous Boy/Girl

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts