My future baby bird has hatched

OP
R

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014

COMING HOME TONIGHT!!!!

And this breeder is seriously amazing. (And yes this is the same one as previous.) but He's been sending me photos every single week since she was born, and hand raised her and weaned her. Usually breeders charge more for the longer the bird has been hand tamed/raised/hand fed, but now he said he's going to charge me even less than the initial discount, because he feels really bad about my previous misfortunes with the Kaks :( definitely a stand up guy. I have a good feeling about this baby too! Luck comes in 3's right? Lol and heyy it's even almost st. Patrick's day :41:LOL no but I'm really excited to go pick up the baby tonight !!!! I can't believe she's 5 and a half weeks already

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Great news, Valerie!! Bet the hours will seem like days until you pick her up.

Have you chosen a name?

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Look at how fluffy they are! It just melts my heart.

How do you sex kakarikis? DNA?
I really hope for Merlin and your sake that your girl is in there! :)

Kakarikis are dichotomous by beaks mostly and body definitely by adult age. Beaks you can tell as early as 3 weeks when you've got boys and girls in a nest you can compare them. Boys have long slender beaks and girls are wider at the top and more triangular than slender.

Interesting
And if you're still unsure when comparing beaks, how do you tell by body?

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Such a cutie pie!!! I cannot wait to see pics of your little girl settling in at home!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How was it? I just weaned the last baby yesterday. It might have the same or close hatch date to one of these babies.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Aww so cute! Congrats!

OP
R

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
How was it? I just weaned the last baby yesterday. It might have the same or close hatch date to one of these babies.

Her hatch date is February 5! Her group was hatched between the 5th and the 7th, approximately

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Two on January 15, baby number 3 on 17th, baby number 4 on 19th and baby number 5 on 21st. So they're just a bit older then yours.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here's a picture of them that I took not long ago.

20150220_154656_zpsv8fiqxbx.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Beautiful pics of both of you :D. You look so happy to have your little Kak again! Congratulations Valerie :)

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
I love baby birds, so innocent looking!
How did your other bird react?
I can't remember what the other bird was, I'm sorry...
Senegal, or am I way off?

OP
R

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
I love baby birds, so innocent looking!
How did your other bird react?
I can't remember what the other bird was, I'm sorry...
Senegal, or am I way off?

I do have a senegal, but he has 0 interest in other birds (or other people for the matter, LOL). A one person bird. He'd probably try to eat them, his beak is like the size of their heads hahah

The other bird is a turquoisine! Right now I have the kak in a separate cage temporarily, just so she can settle without it being to overwhelming and also so they can check each other out! The cages are right next to each other, and Merlin was quite excited to see another bird! He's been trying to get to her, and he even fell asleep on the perch closest to her! Haha! She's been a bit distracted but she did try to get to him too a few times! Merlin was trying to bite through everything to get to her lol here's a photo of them! :green1::green:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Stunningly beautiful, Valerie!

I hope she bonds well with your other birds, brings endless happiness, and breaks all records for longevity.

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Awh! Already checking her out huh ;)
Good for him age isn't as big of a deal in the bird world...

Will you keep the thread updated with their progress? :)

OP
R

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
Awh! Already checking her out huh ;)
Good for him age isn't as big of a deal in the bird world...

Will you keep the thread updated with their progress? :)

She is 6 weeks old today :) here's my little weekly timeline of photos thus far.

I've been putting her in Merlin's cage for them to get acquainted, but not overnight and not while I'm not home. I like to supervise them for right now. merlin is a bit guarded. He is timid so he is getting defensive even though the baby is just so blatantly curious about him :p she's so innocent haha she fell on him by accident and he was not thrilled but so far no outrageous fighting. Just some bickering here and there and mostly minding their business. She just wants to play with all the toys hehe. I think they will be okay. No one is chasing one another they are just kinda hanging out and if they get close they get reserved. Only their second time together though so it's what I anticipated :)

She's getting big already though. She's so funny. Babies are so goofy and innocent

Most Reactions

Latest posts