ethanol

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Conure
The place I got my sun conure has a pineapple green cheek that I think will make a wonderful addition to our family. Whats the best way to introduce the two after a quarantine. Sun is a male and pineapple a female. How can I house them? Two cages obviously to start but can they merge into one?

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome to the forums!

This video has lots of great tips for introducing a new bird:

It may be possible for them to be in the same cage in time but generally it’s safer to keep them separated unless you are very confident they get along well. I would take things slow and have them both in separate cages when they first see each other.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
First make sure you are getting a second parrot for the right reason, and that is because YOU want a second parrot. Not because you think your first one needs a buddy to make him happy. Adding a new parrot can go in one of several ways, of which only one is the scenario where they both get along and still maintain their relationship with you. the others are not so good. Think hard on this.

OP
E

ethanol

Apr 16, 2023
Parrots
Conure
First make sure you are getting a second parrot for the right reason, and that is because YOU want a second parrot. Not because you think your first one needs a buddy to make him happy. Adding a new parrot can go in one of several ways, of which only one is the scenario where they both get along and still maintain their relationship with you. the others are not so good. Think hard on this.
Obviously I want a second baby for me but how can I be sure he’ll be ok with it? Can he work his way out of possible aggression? If they dont get along to start will they ever? Sorry for all the questions and I don’t expect you to have the answers.

Most Reactions