New Members and Older Members Observation

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I was told by my siblings it means Over Geared(when I asked them years ago cuz they kept on using "OG").. though they play shooting games like Fortnite or Call of Duty(my older sibling):p That's probably where they got it from๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚

I think the meaning of OG depends on the context ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I don't know lol
Can you explain over geared?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
My brothers used it when a player was like a super pro or something and they were.. well, "Over Geared" LOL. I don't play shooting games either they're a waste of time for me and they're boring..

It sounds kinda stupid that their(my brothers) definition is what Foxxy meant 'cuz it just doesn't fit in with what we are talking about IMO

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I'm confused, aren't we talking about your views about PF?
My views, yes
But the way it appears to be for EVERYONE, not just me. If that makes sense

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My views, yes
But the way it appears to be for EVERYONE, not just me. If that makes sense
Not really. It wasn't that way for me, and I know of several other people that it wasn't that way for them, so it isn't everyone you're speaking for. It is your opinion, which is fine.

OP
foxgloveparrot

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Not really. It wasn't that way for me, and I know of several other people that it wasn't that way for them, so it isn't everyone you're speaking for. It is your opinion, which is fine.
I meant my view on everyone, not everyoneโ€™s view on the forum
Never mind. Itโ€™s ok. I know Iโ€™m not speaking for everyone at all.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I meant my view on everyone, not everyoneโ€™s view on the forum
Never mind. Itโ€™s ok. I know Iโ€™m not speaking for everyone at all.
Thank you for clearing that up:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I've found ParrotForums community unusually cohesive and supportive compared with other venues! Respect for individual perceptions of forum demeanor based on experience, temperament, and expectations. When the chips are down and someone requires assistance or TLC, the response is magnificent and sincere. By far my favorite internet forum!!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So back to the topic at hand. Any information based web board like this has a fair number of new folks that join with a specific question or problem, and most of the time get answers fairly quickly. However many of those folks do not stick around to post on other threads or topics. Wish that were not true, but it is. Some may stick around for a few months and be active, but they too fall off after awhile. And then there are some that continue to read, post and involve themselves with the board on a daily basis. This is just the nature of things, and I am guilty of this too. I joined a BMW Z3 board when I got one, had questions and a few problems. Questions answered, problem fixed and after a few months I stopped being active, but there was always a core group of dedicated enthusiasts who kept the board alive and running. Same thing here. In fact new members should be thankful there are a core group of parronts who keep the lights on and so forth. That core group often has to answer the same handful of questions maybe hundreds of times a year.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I agree Wrench,
Many find us in their darkest hour , with very sick birds or theirs has just passed and they need people who understand.

It can become emotionally overloading. I feel for each and every one, it hurts to read these. And I feel inadequate in my ability to express sympathy. Sometimes I've had to take a few months when there has been so much death and sickness and accidents on the forums.

Then I feel some people just journal and talk about their bird and their threads. They never return the favor and join other people threads.

But overall, amazing people! Amazing support, stories, love, laughs, neat parrot journey stories, tips, ideas, creativity! ( so many artists), new ideas, behavior help, chop or burd bread recipes, cage, perch, enrichment talk, share our love and joy of all things and some off topics parrot @ never get enough parrot pictures @@ and parrot cute stories @

Most Reactions