onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Your mother must have been thrilled that Ona did this for her! I can't imagine Rocky doing something so brilliant, much less doing it for my mom!
I swear sometimes she gets stage fright and when I try to show off her tricks she starts doing them wrong. But not yesterday!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I’ll just leave this here…

Ona’s favorite way to bowl.
big-lebowski-happy-theodore-bowling-strike-attack-5pr2fn6locp1nyzs.gif

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I've accidentally taught Ona an adorable form of communication.

I often hold her up to my face and make little kissy noises at her or give her kisses on the tummy. Now, all you have to do it press any part of her to your cheek or mouth and she will make the little kissy noises to you. :love:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I've accidentally taught Ona an adorable form of communication.

I often hold her up to my face and make little kissy noises at her or give her kisses on the tummy. Now, all you have to do it press any part of her to your cheek or mouth and she will make the little kissy noises to you. :love:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, that's just so sweet! Give your gorgeous girl a great big kiss from me, won't you! 😘 😘 😘

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Well Ona has found a new unhealthy love. Coffee! Don’t worry, I don’t let her have any other than the tiny sips she manages to steal when I’m not looking.

Here she is trying to get something out of my empty cup:

IMG_4476.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well Ona has found a new unhealthy love. Coffee! Don’t worry, I don’t let her have any other than the tiny sips she manages to steal when I’m not looking.

Here she is trying to get something out of my empty cup:

View attachment 51315
@onamom, thank you for posting this. I had to move my empty coffee mug from the coffee table to the floor yesterday because Lovejoy was intent on doing exactly this. He then tried to fly down to it on the floor, so I moved it under my chair out of his sight, but then it was out of *my* sight too so i forgot about it. It's my favourite ABBA coffee mug too so I'd have been hugely confused if I couldn't find it to use today - thank you for the reminder!!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Opie has recently got all his flight feathers in and simultaneously has discovered the ease with which he can steal food and fly away 😬

I'm going to have to alter our "family dinner" menus.....

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Just a little bath time clip

She smells like coconut when she’s wet and loves to snuggle.
Everybody, one ... two ... three ... AWWWWWWWW!!!😍😍😍

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I think this behavior really shows Ona's level of intelligence:

She is becoming quite the food snatcher but has learned if she flies directly to your plate/bowl and tries to take something she will be grabbed immediately and told no. So instead she will fly to the table and walk away from your food and put on a little "I'm just minding my own business la-di-da" act. THEN, when she thinks you aren't looking she will strike :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately for her I've learned not to trust her little show of innocence!

IMG_4507.jpeg

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Haha! That’s brilliant!

How could that sweet little face ever do anything wrong? 😍

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I think this behavior really shows Ona's level of intelligence:

She is becoming quite the food snatcher but has learned if she flies directly to your plate/bowl and tries to take something she will be grabbed immediately and told no. So instead she will fly to the table and walk away from your food and put on a little "I'm just minding my own business la-di-da" act. THEN, when she thinks you aren't looking she will strike :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately for her I've learned not to trust her little show of innocence!

View attachment 51443
"That was not me stealing your food, that was my evil twin, mwa haaa haaa haaa haaaaaaaaa! Now if you wouldn't mind please putting out another plate of food for me to steal from .... oh wait, did I say that out loud?" (Ona probably 😝)

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Why is she like this? :ROFLMAO: I secretly love it.

Sound on!

Very similar to how she rubs her beak on the back of laptops. Anything with a smooth, metallic-like surface she must rub her beak on!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Why is she like this? :ROFLMAO: I secretly love it.

Sound on!

Very similar to how she rubs her beak on the back of laptops. Anything with a smooth, metallic-like surface she must rub her beak on!
Aww! That reminds me of Tom! He does that to cardboard boxes and sometimes my Chromebook too! 😍

And the little look up at the end of the video is just ❤️

Most Reactions

Latest posts