Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh my goodness! Happy Hatch Day, little one! I hope you get lots and lots of very well deserved treats today! ❤️❤️❤️ Where has the time gone?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Happy Hatch Day, gorgeous Ona!! Sounds like PLENTY of spoiling lined up for you today, but there again you get that every day 💖 🥳🎉

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Someone said a new word today. “Gentle”. And she said it right AFTER biting my husband……

Rotten.
Oh wow, that's hilarious!! What a wicked sense of humour that girl's got!! :ROFLMAO:

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Someone said a new word today. “Gentle”. And she said it right AFTER biting my husband……

Rotten.
My Quaker says ‘bad’ or ‘stop it’ when he bites me or does something bad 😅

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
What's with parrots biting men lately?
Oh she bites me too I assure you XD

My Quaker says ‘bad’ or ‘stop it’ when he bites me or does something bad 😅
I’m pretty sure she also said “Ow” the other day after getting me… :cautious: She talks/mutters “under her breath” a lot so it’s not always easy to tell what she’s saying.

She’s been a bit more pinchy lately. Could be hormones maybe but I know some it is just that she can fly now and it’s harder to just put her elsewhere when she misbehaves. I know some of it is her trying to preen. She jumps on my chest just below my neck and gives me the tiniest, sharpest little pinches. Ouch! Some it is sassiness too. She’s been sassy about getting off my shoulder a couple times. So then I have to break out the seeds and get her to step up nicely to get her off. Oh the things we do for our birbs.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Oh she bites me too I assure you XD

I’m pretty sure she also said “Ow” the other day after getting me… :cautious: She talks/mutters “under her breath” a lot so it’s not always easy to tell what she’s saying.

She’s been a bit more pinchy lately. Could be hormones maybe but I know some it is just that she can fly now and it’s harder to just put her elsewhere when she misbehaves. I know some of it is her trying to preen. She jumps on my chest just below my neck and gives me the tiniest, sharpest little pinches. Ouch! Some it is sassiness too. She’s been sassy about getting off my shoulder a couple times. So then I have to break out the seeds and get her to step up nicely to get her off. Oh the things we do for our birbs.
Ouch! A bite, even a pinch on the neck would hurt.
I definitely can relate to the sass! Conures can be so sassy!

Has she started any hormonal behaviors? She just turned a year right?

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ouch! A bite, even a pinch on the neck would hurt.
I definitely can relate to the sass! Conures can be so sassy!

Has she started any hormonal behaviors? She just turned a year right?
Yep, just turned a year old :cry:

Hmm, I haven’t noticed any major differences. I’ve seen her try to regurgitate a little more than normal. She’s had cuddly days but she’s kinda always had those. No nesting or anything like that and she doesn’t have any dark hidey holes. Sometimes she does do a sorta nesty like cuddle where she lays flat, lightly flaps the wings, and makes little clucking noises. We try to discourage and distract when she does that.

I really think most of it is her getting sassy because she’s just out with us and trying to eat our laptops or gaming controllers XD

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Yep, just turned a year old :cry:

Hmm, I haven’t noticed any major differences. I’ve seen her try to regurgitate a little more than normal. She’s had cuddly days but she’s kinda always had those. No nesting or anything like that and she doesn’t have any dark hidey holes. Sometimes she does do a sorta nesty like cuddle where she lays flat, lightly flaps the wings, and makes little clucking noises. We try to discourage and distract when she does that.

I really think most of it is her getting sassy because she’s just out with us and trying to eat our laptops or gaming controllers XD
Hopefully her hormones aren’t too bad.

Tom has cuddly days too but he never acts hormonal about it.
Haha! Tom tries to pick my keys off my keyboard too!
Only one key is missing forever 🥲

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Hopefully her hormones aren’t too bad.

Tom has cuddly days too but he never acts hormonal about it.
Haha! Tom tries to pick my keys off my keyboard too!
Only one key is missing forever 🥲
My escape key on my gaming PC is gone :(

She is OBSESSED with laptops. She loves biting the keys or if the laptop is closed she will stand on it and just run her beak along the surface haha. It’s so weird. Just break down touching the laptop walking across it 🤷‍♀️

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My escape key on my gaming PC is gone :(

She is OBSESSED with laptops. She loves biting the keys or if the laptop is closed she will stand on it and just run her beak along the surface haha. It’s so weird. Just break down touching the laptop walking across it 🤷‍♀️
Oh no! The escape key is important!

Maybe they make mini laptops? I think I’ve seen them though, they also seem to have a mirror on them 🙄

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Point of view:

Note the pretty pose and the beginning. She always bites her tail when she wants scritches.

Ona would also like to share her new circus act:

IMG_4425.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Well I just have to brag about Ona today. Holy cow Ona did OUTSTANDING with her colors tonight!! My mom visited for Mother’s Day so naturally we had to show off all her tricks. And she sure did pull out all the stops. She got red, blue, and green 100% correct on three different objects!! One of which I’ve never asked her colors on before. I was blown away! Normally she doesn’t get it right every time. I think she was trying to extra show off today. She also put the little puzzle peg in the puzzle hole perfectly twice!

I hide the objects, look at her and say “are you ready?” Then when she looks focused I say “Ona touch [color]” and hold two up side by side. She then touches one with her beak. The look of comprehension in her eyes when I tell her which to touch is just priceless. I can’t explain it but I can just tell from how she looks at me when she “gets it” or is trying to understand.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well I just have to brag about Ona today. Holy cow Ona did OUTSTANDING with her colors tonight!! My mom visited for Mother’s Day so naturally we had to show off all her tricks. And she sure did pull out all the stops. She got red, blue, and green 100% correct on three different objects!! One of which I’ve never asked her colors on before. I was blown away! Normally she doesn’t get it right every time. I think she was trying to extra show off today. She also put the little puzzle peg in the puzzle hole perfectly twice!

I hide the objects, look at her and say “are you ready?” Then when she looks focused I say “Ona touch [color]” and hold two up side by side. She then touches one with her beak. The look of comprehension in her eyes when I tell her which to touch is just priceless. I can’t explain it but I can just tell from how she looks at me when she “gets it” or is trying to understand.
You've got every reason to brag, she's just so smart! Way to go Ona!!😍

Most Reactions

Latest posts