Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ona is brilliant to know her colours so quickly on different items! And the way she puts those pins back is incredible, I think she'll be actually bowling soon:)
I love how much quailty time you two spend together.

All Hail Queen of the World Ona!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I told her I’ll have to be careful because if she gets any smarter she might go for world domination.
And I for one would welcome my new Ona Overlord .... ummmmmmm ..... OverBirdie .... no problem there at all! :love:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
On a whim I made her this quick toy. I think she likes it :) Also note the “give me scritches” at the end. From crazy to cuddly in 0.5 seconds 😄

Looks like you're onto a winner there, @onamom 😍 I'll have to try to make something like that for Lovejoy, he loves stuff that he can bash and crash!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
F3454CD7-1856-4AF0-BD9F-193322E71A92.jpeg

She said “gimme kiss” the other day! I was putting her to bed and said it to her then she said it back in a quiet croaky voice. She didn’t say it very well but I’m positive that’s what she said. I can’t get her to say it again yet :(

She’s also been trying to say something new lately but we aren’t sure what it is. It sounds like it could be “stop” or maybe even “Ona”. Hoping she starts saying more things more often.

She’s been flying like crazy now! Once we had times where we would put her on her play gym while we were on the couch and she’d stay there…. Those times are gone :ROFLMAO: She will fly over to us whenever she wants now. She will also randomly fly laps around the house and back sometimes. This week as I was leaving the room she chased after me and landed on my shoulder! I was so surprised and it was so cute.

Her birthday is toward the end of this month! 😭 1 year. Can I make her an itty bitty baby again? At least she still likes to snuggle.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Looks like Ona has her eye fixed on you in that picture! Of course, she usually is looking at her Mama, I bet you can find one to enter in the POTM this month! I can't get enough of that beautiful little girl:)

Look at your progress with Ona in less than a year! She is so well adjusted and such a happy bird, and because of you, Ona can be who she was meant to be.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 48971

She said “gimme kiss” the other day! I was putting her to bed and said it to her then she said it back in a quiet croaky voice. She didn’t say it very well but I’m positive that’s what she said. I can’t get her to say it again yet :(

She’s also been trying to say something new lately but we aren’t sure what it is. It sounds like it could be “stop” or maybe even “Ona”. Hoping she starts saying more things more often.

She’s been flying like crazy now! Once we had times where we would put her on her play gym while we were on the couch and she’d stay there…. Those times are gone :ROFLMAO: She will fly over to us whenever she wants now. She will also randomly fly laps around the house and back sometimes. This week as I was leaving the room she chased after me and landed on my shoulder! I was so surprised and it was so cute.

Her birthday is toward the end of this month! 😭 1 year. Can I make her an itty bitty baby again? At least she still likes to snuggle.
I'll bet it was "gimme kiss" that she's learning to say, she probably hears it A LOT!! Goodness knows I'd be wanting lots of kisses from her too if she was mine :love: So looking forward to her bird-day too, that's gonna be HUGE!! 🥳🎉🎂

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
She said “I love you”! 😭 💔

We were cuddling and then she jumped on my chest, muttered “I love you” and gave me a kiss. It took me a second to realize what she said because she didn’t say it well. Then it hit me.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
She said “I love you”! 😭 💔

We were cuddling and then she jumped on my chest, muttered “I love you” and gave me a kiss. It took me a second to realize what she said because she didn’t say it well. Then it hit me.
Awww!! How sweet 😍😍

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Should I be concerned that my bird loves the sound of violence? Gunfire on a tv show, fighting on a video game…. Ona is happy chatting and content as can be :ROFLMAO:

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
F6C358C7-034B-4359-A680-AB11E69F19DD.jpeg

Chop beaky.

Apparently Ona is terrified of Cardinals. I think she’s generally afraid of anything a bright red color at fist. She was in the sunroom with me when a Cardinal landed on the patio. She alarm called and panic flew around. Poor baby.

——-

She’s becoming very good at flying and will often fly to us and just kinda hover in there front of you like “well give me something to land on!” 😄 She kinda just flies at you and expects you to catch her most of the time. Though she has also flown to me and landed on my shoulder several times too.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
View attachment 49272

Chop beaky.

Apparently Ona is terrified of Cardinals. I think she’s generally afraid of anything a bright red color at fist. She was in the sunroom with me when a Cardinal landed on the patio. She alarm called and panic flew around. Poor baby.

——-

She’s becoming very good at flying and will often fly to us and just kinda hover in there front of you like “well give me something to land on!” 😄 She kinda just flies at you and expects you to catch her most of the time. Though she has also flown to me and landed on my shoulder several times too.
Aww she’s too cute!

Is she scared of other birds outside? I guess cardinals are pretty alarming in color!

Tom does that sometimes! Though if I don’t provide a place to land fast enough he’ll just land on my head or grab my shirt in his feet 🤭

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Aww she’s too cute!

Is she scared of other birds outside? I guess cardinals are pretty alarming in color!

Tom does that sometimes! Though if I don’t provide a place to land fast enough he’ll just land on my head or grab my shirt in his feet 🤭
Thanks!

Most of the other birds she is happy to see. She makes her little happy “purring” noise at them. So I guess it’s just the cardinals and their color.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 49272

Chop beaky.

——-

Awwwwww just look at that happy messy little beakie! Ona you're just too sweet! :love:

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
0DCD47DC-F3B7-4515-A9E2-6FE0DDD36411.jpeg

I swear she’s like a toddler and we have to find ways to distract her so we can get work done. Some ice cubes in a glass keep her busy for a bit! Ice is apparently super fun.

She said “gimme kiss” again a couple days ago!

Also I forgot to post this earlier but last week she randomly noticed a ceiling light in the house and started bobbing toward it like crazy. Then she flew up to it, tried to hang upside down from it like a bat, then flew down to my shoulder when she couldn’t get a grip :ROFLMAO: She never ceases to entertain and surprise me.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Brace yourself….

IT’S ONA’S HATCH DAY!!!!

IMG_4396.jpeg

I’ll have a hard time spoiling her more than she already is but we have plans for a special strawberry banana skewer and some avicake that will hopefully be delivered today!

How is my baby a year old?!

Next week I get to celebrate her gotcha day and then her homecoming day this summer!

Look at her the first time I ever held her:

IMG_3273.jpeg

And before I met her:

IMG_3533.jpeg
She’s the one on top :)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts