Ona’s Thread

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I should! She’d probably just try to eat it though.

I like trying to listen for words when she sings. I usually hear “bird” in there. My husband and I have a song we sing her that goes “Ona bird-bird-bird, Ona’s a bird, bird-bird-bird, bur-bur-bur bur bird…” and she tries to sing it sometimes.
Only problem is I don't think Ona is really a bird. Teach her to say "Ona's not a bird".

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
IMG_5571.jpeg

Velcro bird just velcroing. Whenever she REALLY misses me she immediately jumps to my shoulder after I pick her up. It’s her way of saying “don’t you dare put me down!! I live here now.”

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 55597

Velcro bird just velcroing. Whenever she REALLY misses me she immediately jumps to my shoulder after I pick her up. It’s her way of saying “don’t you dare put me down!! I live here now.”
Call me crazy (and many do!), but there are very few things in the world that are better than being owned by a sweet little birdie 💖

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Her favorite place to perch when I’m playing music. More napping than singing today.

IMG_5594.jpeg

She got grumpy during our training session earlier when we did harness work. Had to cut it short.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona has started doing some mimicry! Every now and then she will repeat a phrase one of us just said. Yesterday she mumbled "now he's happy". Gotta be careful with that I guess! It's interesting to me that sometimes it seems she has to really build up to saying a word and other times she just comes out and says it.

Yesterday I put a nutriberry in one of her toys and she carried it up to eat it above her pellet bowl. At first I was making fun of her, asking "why did you carry it up there to eat it?" Then I realized.... she is using the bowl to catch all the crumbs!!! *mindblown* She LOVES this kind of Nutriberries and didn't want to miss a morsel. She's so smart!!! Maybe even smarter than me because it took me a bit to even realize her plan there!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Good!! I don’t wanna hear no complaints from Ona about lack of scritchin’!!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Ona has started doing some mimicry! Every now and then she will repeat a phrase one of us just said. Yesterday she mumbled "now he's happy". Gotta be careful with that I guess! It's interesting to me that sometimes it seems she has to really build up to saying a word and other times she just comes out and says it.

Yesterday I put a nutriberry in one of her toys and she carried it up to eat it above her pellet bowl. At first I was making fun of her, asking "why did you carry it up there to eat it?" Then I realized.... she is using the bowl to catch all the crumbs!!! *mindblown* She LOVES this kind of Nutriberries and didn't want to miss a morsel. She's so smart!!! Maybe even smarter than me because it took me a bit to even realize her plan there!
clever girlie, you got a good hooman to love:)

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Ona has just been learning color sorting! She did very good today!

Ona does very well with training. My conures are mad genius’s. Mine are somewhat trained. I could do better about their training. @wrench13 has an Amazon parrot that puts bones in a container. Parrots amuse me, and their intelligence is intriguing.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Dance partaaaayyy!

and in this next one she waves at me randomly :D She also sings "mommy" toward the end. I think her singing is her just muttering a bunch of words she knows with weird noises thrown in :D

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Dance partaaaayyy!

and in this next one she waves at me randomly :D She also sings "mommy" toward the end. I think her singing is her just muttering a bunch of words she knows with weird noises thrown in :D

Well that's all just too cute!! 😍 Not only does she got the moves and the adorable singing voice, but she's got awesome taste in music as well!! You go girl!!

MYMY.png

Most Reactions

Latest posts