LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Little miss is just fine today. No more nose bleeds.
Oh that's fantastic news, thank you for updating! Please give that precious girlie some extra lovin' from me, won't you?? 🥰🥰🥰

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
IMG_6287.jpeg

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ignore the mess but Ona always supervises when I feed the dogs 😂 They go outside and then she watches me make their food very judgy-like. I think she wants to make sure I give them enough food. She also still screams when it’s their feeding time and gets happy when they are fed. She’s so funny.

IMG_6292.jpeg

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Ignore the mess but Ona always supervises when I feed the dogs 😂 They go outside and then she watches me make their food very judgy-like. I think she wants to make sure I give them enough food. She also still screams when it’s their feeding time and gets happy when they are fed. She’s so funny.

View attachment 57789
lordy! how many pups do you have?

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Oh my gosh 😂

I was just cheering Ona’s name for her and she was dancing. She stopped dancing, looked at me and said “pretty!” Then did her pretty pose. What a ham!!!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
Oh my gosh 😂

I was just cheering Ona’s name for her and she was dancing. She stopped dancing, looked at me and said “pretty!” Then did her pretty pose. What a ham!!!
She is not lying!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
IMG_6369.jpeg
IMG_6370.jpeg

The other day Ona was on my keyboard while I was working. I was typing and accidentally smashed one of her toes! She got very upset!! I picked her up to apologize and she naturally bit me several times. Then she looked at me and said “Gentle”. I had to literally apologize to her about 10 times and tell her how pretty she was before she forgave me! I could tell she forgave me when she started “vibrating” and let me cuddle her. Geesh! She really let me have it over that.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 58249View attachment 58250

The other day Ona was on my keyboard while I was working. I was typing and accidentally smashed one of her toes! She got very upset!! I picked her up to apologize and she naturally bit me several times. Then she looked at me and said “Gentle”. I had to literally apologize to her about 10 times and tell her how pretty she was before she forgave me! I could tell she forgave me when she started “vibrating” and let me cuddle her. Geesh! She really let me have it over that.

"Oh I'll forgive you for that transgression, Mother. But first I must CHOMP!!!" ... Ona probably ;)

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
After lots of testing I’ve discovered Ona’s favorite color!

First I taught her the concept of “favorite” with food. Then we did colors until we narrowed it down.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
After lots of testing I’ve discovered Ona’s favorite color!

First I taught her the concept of “favorite” with food. Then we did colors until we narrowed it down.
Smart girl, Ona, yellow's my favourite colour too!!💛

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Party prep is coming along.... Here are the invites:

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 5.54.07 PM.png

And for party favors I am getting stickers made of:

sticker.png

What? Spoiled? Who?

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona’s bird-day party was a success! She absolutely loved all the attention. Her favorite party guest was her bird sitter, who she’s never seen at home before. She was SO excited when she came in!

We had a slideshow of Ona, her favorite music, a special bird cake and bird “ice cream” (that she barely touched lol), an Ona trick show, presents, and lots of food that could be shared with the bird-day girl. She filled up on snacks quick! She loved when everyone sang happy birthday to her.

IMG_6528.jpeg

Check out the awesome drawing her bird sitter did of her!

IMG_6534.jpeg

IMG_6535.jpeg

Eating some bird cake on the back of the chair lol. Her slideshow can be seen on the wall in the background. (And yes that’s her ring toss blooper video lol)

IMG_6537.jpeg

Here is her cake and ice cream I made her:

IMG_6538.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts