onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Life has been hard lately so I’ve been a little MIA. But here is Ona opening her Beakmas present and a photo her bird sitter edited.

IMG_6046.jpeg

photo-output.jpeg

Her newest nickname is “love dove”

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, that wrapping paper was absolutely perfect!! I also love the Love Dove pic, she is definitely that ❤️
It's really good to see you, I've missed you:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwwwwwwww, can I please be part of Ona's cheer squad too? O-NA!!! O-NA!!! O-NA!!! O-NA!!! 😍😍😍

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Just a snackin bird:

IMG_6250.jpeg

I have to tell you what Ona said the other day!!! We were taking her to the bird sitters and trying to get her in her backpack. Sometimes she gets sassy about that and likes to stand on top of the backpack and not go in. We were short on time so my husband just grabs her to put her in. She gave him a well deserved bite and squeal. Then when that didn’t get her what she wanted - she talked!!! We both swear she said: “Daddy….. put me….. down!” We were shocked!! She’s never said a full sentence before and I don’t even know where she would have picked that all up. She’s so smart! And sassy!

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwwwwww, smart girlie, Ona! ❤️ Once again, proof that they absolutely understand context. Not gonna convince me otherwise, not ever! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Just a snackin bird:

View attachment 57565

I have to tell you what Ona said the other day!!! We were taking her to the bird sitters and trying to get her in her backpack. Sometimes she gets sassy about that and likes to stand on top of the backpack and not go in. We were short on time so my husband just grabs her to put her in. She game him a well deserved bite and squeal. Then when that didn’t get her what she wanted - she talked!!! We both swear she said: “Daddy….. put me….. down!” We were shocked!! She’s never said a full sentence before and I don’t even know where she would have picked that all up. She’s so smart! And sassy!
Oh i DO love your sassy, beautiful girl! 😍Did her daddy let out a squeal too when he got chomped? Serves him right if he did!!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Where’s Ona? It’s the Ona version of Where’s Waldo.

IMG_6262.jpeg

(And on a serious note - when she is out of the cage I know where she is. At ALL times.)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Where’s Ona? It’s the Ona version of Where’s Waldo.

View attachment 57636

(And on a serious note - when she is out of the cage I know where she is. At ALL times.)
Peekaboo pretty girl, I see you - though I did have to look pretty darned hard!!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Oh my word! I wish I could have a cage set up like that for my birds! Winter, my dog, would have a field day trying to tear down all those toys! I dunno who'd make hte bigger mess - Winter or my birds, heehee!

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
This is a conures dream setup ❤️❤️❤️ mine would love this
She is SPOILED. This is her PVC play stand I made her. The dogs do get under it to eat all her crumbs. The stand was actually easy to make though. It looks a lot fancier than it really is. It’s evolved over time too with more and more toys. Girl has enough toys for a flock of 50 birds.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Oh my word! I wish I could have a cage set up like that for my birds! Winter, my dog, would have a field day trying to tear down all those toys! I dunno who'd make hte bigger mess - Winter or my birds, heehee!
I’m honestly surprised my foster pittie hasn’t tried anything with it. He’s pure muscle and energy.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Little miss had her annual vet checkup today. As soon as the Dr. walked in the exam room Ona flew to her 😆 She said “Oh I love her! I’ve never had a patient do that before!” I told her yes, she LOVES people. She’s a people bird.

During the actual exam Ona got grumpy 😞 She let out the most heartbreaking noises the entire time. Now she is resting up and tired.

She received a clean bill of health so far but we get bloodwork results back in a week. We’ll be looking at values for her liver due to some slight feather color changes she’s had in some places. I’m probably giving her too many treats!

Here she is playing balloon pop on the iPad last night:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Little miss had her annual vet checkup today. As soon as the Dr. walked in the exam room Ona flew to her 😆 She said “Oh I love her! I’ve never had a patient do that before!” I told her yes, she LOVES people. She’s a people bird.

During the actual exam Ona got grumpy 😞 She let out the most heartbreaking noises the entire time. Now she is resting up and tired.

She received a clean bill of health so far but we get bloodwork results back in a week. We’ll be looking at values for her liver due to some slight feather color changes she’s had in some places. I’m probably giving her too many treats!

Here she is playing balloon pop on the iPad last night:

Oh she TOTALLY knows how to pop those balloons, doesn't she?? Hoping for the best possible blood work results for her too 🙏🙏🙏

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Oh she TOTALLY knows how to pop those balloons, doesn't she?? Hoping for the best possible blood work results for her too 🙏🙏🙏
Thank you. It’s been a bit of a stressful night tonight because she started bleeding from her nose!!! I called the vet emergency line and it’s apparently from the blood draw - it bruised when they drew blood from her neck and that connects to air sacks that go to her nose. She’s been acting normal, just the bleeding. I’ve got a camera in her sleep cage tonight to check on her. Scary, but she should be just fine.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you. It’s been a bit of a stressful night tonight because she started bleeding from her nose!!! I called the vet emergency line and it’s apparently from the blood draw - it bruised when they drew blood from her neck and that connects to air sacks that go to her nose. She’s been acting normal, just the bleeding. I’ve got a camera in her sleep cage tonight to check on her. Scary, but she should be just fine.
Oh no, I'm so sorry, that IS scary!! Sending prayers and healing vibes for your precious baby girl, and big hugs for you too 🙏🤗🙏🤗🙏

Most Reactions

Latest posts