OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Awwww thanks everyone! :D

I made my first plushy from a pattern I bought, and then I started to modify the pattern to make it more detailed/cuter/customizable. Then I made a small variation. Then I made my own pattern from scratch for the large size to have a big, fluffy/cuddly version. I sew all my products myself on my little sewing machine. My covers I design to fit the exact shape and measurements and styles/options that my customers want. Some have been really wild shapes, one person had a little budgie cage shaped like a house, so that was a tricky cover to make. Turned out very cute though. :)

I'm working on three plushy orders now, I'll post some fresh pics soon of my latest creations. :D

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^
You should jut get onw from Squeakmouse, she does an excellent job of producing your parrot from a picture(s). We LOVE our Salty plushies!

I just realized he/she does custom plushies :eek:

Do you need to send feathers or just a pic would be fine? The only feathers i have of pikachu are white floof pin feathers, and half-cut feathers from when we got his/her wings clipped.

OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
I prefer to work from pictures so that I can try to match the colors and patterns from the real bird, as much as possible. It's totally optional to send me some feathers to sew inside of the plushy. I actually came up with a new thing on a recent order, I added a little pocket on the front so that the lady who ordered the plushy could still see and touch the feathers, or add more. So I'll be updating my listings soon with that new option available for any of my plushies. :)

icm_fullxfull.266069401_8ikqtb3wodc0c0kwwo8s.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Why not make the pockets on the wings, so the feathers stick out the back on the upper wing? I must have 35 or so large feathers from Salty's past molts, enough to feather a small plushie!! Be a cool optionfor buyers.

OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Why not make the pockets on the wings, so the feathers stick out the back on the upper wing? I must have 35 or so large feathers from Salty's past molts, enough to feather a small plushie!! Be a cool optionfor buyers.

Hmmmmm...... I like that! The way I do the wings, it would be pretty easy to make a small change so that flight feathers could be inserted and become part of the plushy... I'm definitely going to try that out! :D Thanks for the idea!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
As one of her first customers, even with original templates.... these posable plushies are the bomb!

Even parrots love em, if not confused a bit.

Attachments

• 20191025_070228.jpg
    20191025_070228.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 107

Most Reactions