Poop

maribo

Jul 5, 2022
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Hello,

I noticed bird poop stuck on his but area. It had some poop stuck on his feathers. This the first time that it has happened. I cleaned it off with warm water and a cloth. He is sleeping right now, he doesnā€™t seem to be active. He is pooping, he pooped on my hand and on the floor. I did give a him new treats and food; dry veggies ( dehydrated) and bird fries. Just wondering if I need to take him to the vet.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s part of it, but last night there was a lot of noise and maybe he didnā€™t get enough sleep.

Thank you.

Kash

Feb 9, 2020
Pakistan
Parrots
Green winged macaw (2 years old) Named Zack
Helli
Hello,

I noticed bird poop stuck on his but area. It had some poop stuck on his feathers. This the first time that it has happened. I cleaned it off with warm water and a cloth. He is sleeping right now, he doesnā€™t seem to be active. He is pooping, he pooped on my hand and on the floor. I did give a him new treats and food; dry veggies ( dehydrated) and bird fries. Just wondering if I need to take him to the vet.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s part of it, but last night there was a lot of noise and maybe he didnā€™t get enough sleep.

Thank you.

Hello
Your concern is right as you love your bird a lot
But as far as I know,a bit of poop sticking to his feathers is not a big problem
Just keep on checking that poop is similar in color as before and there is no peculiar blood like discharge
And he can poop if he eats extra or if he's in the mood to poop
Afterall bird just Eat, play and poop šŸ˜‚

Most Reactions