Proud New Owner of Two Amazons

shellmel777

Sep 16, 2013
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Yellow-Naped Amazon named Rodney

Blue-Fronted Amazon named BeBe (BeeBee)
Hello Everyone!

My name is Shelley and as of yesterday my family is the proud new home for two beautiful Amazons. Rodney is a yellow-naped and BeBe (pronounced BeeBee) is a blue-fronted. Both are around 25-years old.

I have always wanted birds but the time has never been right. We had a good friend pass away last week and her husband asked us if we would take them. I am so glad we did!!! BeBe is still very shy and still wants to bite us if we get close. Rodney is already talking up a storm.....he loves to tell us his name and ask, "What are you doing?" His former owner told us he sings "I Left My Heart in San Francisco," but he's yet to serenade us. I am sure in time he will.

My husband DeWayne and I have been married for six years, and we each have a sixteen year old son. Our sons, Colton and Levi, are so excited to have Rodney and BeBe in our lives. We also have two dogs, Jake and Cricket. We live outside of Las Cruces, NM on three acres of land. We love animals and are so happy to be the new home for Rodney and BeBe.

I look forward to meeting fellow bird lovers and to sharing stories, and better yet, learning from all of you!

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Welcome to the forum Shelley ! I am sure BeBe and Rodney have found a great home, and your sons will enjoy them immensely.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hey Shelly , welcome to the forum. glad Rodney and Bebe have found a home with you and your family, zons love a family. PS Rodney might be waiting for you to start him off, try singing for him,LOL.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Re: Proud New of Two Amazons

Hi there Shelley, and welcome to the forum. :)

Many many congrats on your new family members BeBe & Rodney.

Amazons are THE clowns of the parrot world - FANTASTIC animals...and I'm only a wee bit biased here. ;)

You've come to a GREAT place for questions, suggestions, and even to make new friends. Happy to have you here. :D

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
Hi Shelley! Congrats on your new additions! George is my family's 25 year old yellow nape. I've grown up with him and he's just as funny and playful at 25 as he was at 2. They really are so very funny and fun.

Marcy

Oct 22, 2012
USA- MD/PA Border
Parrots
Major Mitchell's Cockatoo, "Bella"; Spectacled Amazon,"Noah"; Goffin's Cockatoo, �Lex"; Timneh African Grey, "Tootsie"; Cinnamon Green Cheeked Conure, "Cassia"!
Welcome to the forum! I'm so very sorry for your loss! Congrats on your precious amazons!

Most Reactions

Latest posts