Sanitize Parrot Toys

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello :) I thought I would get some response to my earlier post about sanitizing parrot toys....hmmm...but did not:(
I sanitize Moses toys daily. Particulary a red rubber ball that his best friend played with before Moses best friend (Duchess the Wonder Dog) passed away from cancer :(
Moses loves this red rubber ball and spends time with it throughout the day. Sometimes even feeding the red rubber ball.
I decided to use a sanitizer i used to sanitize our cells phones when we were in the early stages of covid prevention:(
I think its important :) What do you think?
God Bless
Larry azflcowboy

Attachments

• IMG_2024-01-09-07-59-55-675.jpg
    IMG_2024-01-09-07-59-55-675.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 5

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Personally, I only wash off Salty's hard rubber toys if he poops on them. Wash, not sanitize. He has a few of the Kong type hard rubber dog toys. What you're doing is not going to hurt, but maybe overkill?

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Personally, I only wash off Salty's hard rubber toys if he poops on them. Wash, not sanitize. He has a few of the Kong type hard rubber dog toys. What you're doing is not going to hurt, but maybe overkill?
Mostly I do the same.
Wash in hot water with Dawn dish soap.
if I want to be or have need to be extra cautious I have a small steam cleaner. I used this to clean Patcho and Plumas’s cage after they both died (from unrelated issues).

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
"Sanitizing Parrot Toys"

Using products designed to kill Viruses can be overkill unless time is allowed for the chemical to dry and have no trace of them left behind.

Unless you are aware of specific contamination that requires virus killing agents, deep cleaning with hot water and Dawn Dish Washing soap is excellent for day to day use.

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello
Actually we wash her rubber ball and then sanitize, i think its a great idea

Most Reactions