oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
Oliver: Green Cheek Conure
I have a limit of 98$ to spend on bird things (Yes, I have to make myself a limit) in this month.
So, I can either spend it all now on a new air purifier or borrow one from a friend, and still have money for toys.
Now, I know that sounds dumb because I can just take it from my friend, but there's a catch...
The friend might not have one or still need it.

So, what should I do?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Before spending money on toys and other things, see if the friend has an air purifier they will give away to you. If not, you can go ahead and spend money on the air purifier. They are actually very necessary, in my opinion so you really should buy one.

OP
oliver_is_the_best_birb

oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
Before spending money on toys and other things, see if the friend has an air purifier they will give away to you. If not, you can go ahead and spend money on the air purifier. They are actually very necessary, in my opinion so you really should buy one.
Thanks, I'll check in with them soon!

YoshiSquee

Jan 13, 2022
Pittsburgh
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
I have a limit of 98$ to spend on bird things (Yes, I have to make myself a limit) in this month.
So, I can either spend it all now on a new air purifier or borrow one from a friend, and still have money for toys.
Now, I know that sounds dumb because I can just take it from my friend, but there's a catch...
The friend might not have one or still need it.

So, what should I do?
I was lucky and found a free one on craiglist; if you donā€™t need it in too much of a hurry they are regularly posted about every month at least. I also suggest the levoit brand air purifiers for cost effective and safe for birds. The one that I linked is only slightly different from the newer version at half the price. It is within your budget at 49$ Though it is a smaller unit. It utilizes carbon or something; canā€™t speak to the science of it. I just know birds shouldnā€™t be around air purifiers that are ION powered like the dysons. I have one small air purifier by my parrots cage, and two larger ones that I have elevated running constantly. I looked at the amount of electric it uses per unit
And its minuscule in way of energy usage. I got a vaccuum cleaner for about 200$ with a hepa filter as well. Kenmore BU4022 Intuition Bagged Upright Vacuum Lift-Up Carpet Cleaner 2-... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXPQXL5/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_X11YP7EPP0XK0866Y9BK

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom, HEPA Fresheners Filter Small Room C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BR1CR78/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_GAEE0WNPV4H4CB0GYG8Y

OP
oliver_is_the_best_birb

oliver_is_the_best_birb

Jan 14, 2022
Media
Parrots
I was lucky and found a free one on craiglist; if you donā€™t need it in too much of a hurry they are regularly posted about every month at least. I also suggest the levoit brand air purifiers for cost effective and safe for birds. The one that I linked is only slightly different from the newer version at half the price. It is within your budget at 49$ Though it is a smaller unit. It utilizes carbon or something; canā€™t speak to the science of it. I just know birds shouldnā€™t be around air purifiers that are ION powered like the dysons. I have one small air purifier by my parrots cage, and two larger ones that I have elevated running constantly. I looked at the amount of electric it uses per unit
And its minuscule in way of energy usage. I got a vaccuum cleaner for about 200$ with a hepa filter as well. Kenmore BU4022 Intuition Bagged Upright Vacuum Lift-Up Carpet Cleaner 2-... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CXPQXL5/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_X11YP7EPP0XK0866Y9BK

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Bedroom, HEPA Fresheners Filter Small Room C... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BR1CR78/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_GAEE0WNPV4H4CB0GYG8Y
Thank you! <3

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I read a couple of helpful articles, and Iā€™m sure a fresh Google will turn up more. They involved people making DIY air filters out of a standard box fan and a HEPA furnace filter. One was a simple hack, fastening the filter to the fan with elastic. The other was a more complex setup with a box made from four filters, a piece of cardboard, with the fan making one of the walls so it didnā€™t create as much back-pressure (the air can move through all four filters more easily than being channeled through one). I have an old box fan and if I try it I will post pics.

Most Reactions

Latest posts