May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I'm writing this in "poem format", to make my jumbled thoughts slightly easier to understand.

I wake up, feeling like I've been run over by a truck.
I stumble into the living room, my mom offers me a cough drop, tea, buttered toast, and an Advil.
"I knew this would happen, Ollie. The rest of us have COVID, so I guess it was just a matter of time before you got it."
"But why right before the last day of school? Right before all the bake sales and celebrations? Right before I get to see my best and only friend for the second-to-last time before she graduates to high school!?"
"I don't know, Ollie. Bad timing, I guess. Plus, you still have a week of camp with Ella this month. You should go make chop, though, I can hear the birds waking up."

So, I haul myself up from the chair I was sitting in, and go get their bowls.
I wash their bowls, everything's fine.
But wait, I forgot the meds.
I run into my room, get the meds, tell the birds I love them more than the world, and waltz out of my room, feeling a bit better.
And then the nausea hits.

I run to the bathroom, and kneel by the toilet.
I didn't throw up, but I felt like I was going to.
And you know what's worse than throwing up?
Feeling like you're going to, but not.
So I sit there and take some deep breaths before standing up slowly, and looking in the mirror.
"WHY did you have to get this, Ollie?", I asked my reflection.
No answer.
Yay.

So now I STILL feel awful, but at least I made 3 bird toys! I can barely move, nor do I want to. So, not fun.
I don't know why, but COVID always causes severe pain in all my joints. The first time I got it, I cried every time I stood, because it felt like someone was hitting my legs.

So yeah, Cossie has a vet appointment this Friday, so hopefully I feel better by then!

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Oh nooooo Ollie that stinks!!!!! I hope you feel better tomorrow!
Thank you! Sorry for the rambling. I still feel really achey and horrible, but I'm doing better!

Most Reactions