izzieschickies

Oct 3, 2021
listen, i know we really dislike vetafarm here ESPECIALLY for ekkies, BUT how do we feel about occasionally giving an ekkie some of this:

Vetafarm Forest Fusion Lorikeet​

"Formulated by veterinarians and made with fresh Australian ingredients, Vetafarm’s Forest Fusion Lorikeet diet has been developed with NO artificial colours, NO refined sugars and NO by-products. Instead our vets and nutritionists used wholesome foods that include naturally low GI carbohydrates along with real, delicious dates, bee pollen and blueberry extract, achieving a natural sweetness and amazing taste for lorikeets.

Recommended for: Australian and exotic Loris/Lorikeets

Key features: NO artificial colours, NO refined sugars and NO by-products. Made with real, delicious dates, bee pollen and blueberry extract, achieving a natural sweetness and amazing taste for lorikeets."
Whole Australian Grains: Corn, rice.
Whole Australian corn, Australian rice flour, soy protein isolate, blueberry, pitted dates, eucalyptus bee pollen, sucralose, vegetable oil, natural organic acids.
Vitamins: A, B1, B3, B5, B6, B12, C, D3, E, H & K.
Minerals: Calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur & zinc

so whats the verdict??

***this would be a supplemental treat***
**edit: found ingredients***

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Personally, I'm not liking this one. Food designed for lorikeets is very high in sugars, something an ekkie really doesn't need. Also shows a bunch of added vitamins, again not appropriate for them. My two cents.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Manufactured Food Products that are heavy with additives can easy provide more than the Parrot needs. We always Blood Test prior to changing /adding to Diet. Especially when one adding a 'fortified' diet product.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Great advice above. Not only is vetafarm not eclectus appropriate ever, but a formulation specifically for another species? Doubly inappropriate.

added vitamins and minerals is a no-no.

Added soy? Doubly bad.

added sugars (sucralose in this case)? You’re asking for trouble.

OP
I

izzieschickies

Oct 3, 2021
Great advice above. Not only is vetafarm not eclectus appropriate ever, but a formulation specifically for another species? Doubly inappropriate.

added vitamins and minerals is a no-no.

Added soy? Doubly bad.

added sugars (sucralose in this case)? You’re asking for trouble.
thanks everyone for the replies! good to be in such a knowledgeable community
that was a clear cut NO from everybody thank you all so much

Most Reactions

Latest posts