strange question

prtmom

Apr 29, 2010
I managed to collect enough feathers this year to have enough to make something for some of my student's moms. Mine are mostly white (cockatoo) with an occasional green one. I'd like to get some varieties for Mother's Day next year. I don't paint on them, so don't want the long flight-type ones. I used the ones that were quarter or fifty cent sized (a few just a tad larger or smaller.) If anyone has any that will fit in an envelope, I'll be happy to send you back a stamp to pay for the postage.
If anyone has any, I'll email you with my address and will send stamp back in return mail when the feather come.
Thanks

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I've been trying to figure out something to make with the feathers I gather. What do you make with them?

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
that sounds really cool! i have 1-2 inch finch feather occasionally, usually blackish green. are those ok?

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
I find my cockatoo's feathers regularly, I'll start saving them for you. Are you interested in turkey feathers? We have wild turkeys all over the place, if you like, while on my walks I'll collect them of the size you are looking for. Just say the word.

OP
P

prtmom

Apr 29, 2010
Re: reply strange question

Hi and thanks to all who replied

I actually did two things with the feather I had. I helped them make VERY inexpensive earrings for their mom (or whoever). I have older kids this year and think they could do it on their own. They also had to match up the feathers with a pic of my birds (fun since some of the feathers are hidden and the colors don't show) They then took the tiny ones and drew a bird and glued down one feather - based on Rainbow Fish. Dumb, I know, but fun.
I'll take any type of feather. The large flight ones (wings and tails) are too big, but those nickel sized to 50 cent piece sized are wonderful.
My email is [email protected]. If you'll email me, I'll send my address. Just sue a regular envelope and be sure to put your return address so I can send back what you paid for postage.
I've looked in the craft section of stores, but i just don't like what they have.
Thanks to all. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts