LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
View attachment 46982

Please note: No noses were harmed in the production of this project.

View attachment 46983

"Okay listen up this here the Rickeybird whch am ME. When I saw this ridicicklus big picture a few pages back well I had to step in. This was old photo of me before vet put me on cardio diet then i needed skin removal surgery which tooked off 15,000 pounds which made me small, was all evil plot to take away my powers, but anyway I GOT OVER IT, now let me talk about these here SPECIAL CORRESPONDERATORS. Okay.

Heather up first, SPECIAL CORRESPONDERATOR ON FINGERS. This all good, she deserves. Pssssst... sometimes she gits sugar up under her nailsz when she cookin an is verrrrry sexy!! Heather, hows about some closeupses of your sugar nails like that? Yeahhhhhhhhh, baybeee!
Oh yeah, an then she got side specilties of birdsnifferating and singerating silly songs, an I heard she got special showings she gives for special LAYOVERS... heeehoooohahahaheeeehahaha. See what I did there?

Kentuckienne is SPECIAL CORRESPONDERATOR ON NUTS. Well, fer sure!! First of all she makes great lil fruitcakes with the specialest, sweetest, cutest lil ole nuts in em!! I ate some an then some I just plucked and flung far an wide just like they was fingers or noses or... Yessiree!
Now Kentuckienne got lots of nut talents and another one is WRITIN about em. She is special consulterator and writerator for special projects like Alex the Genius Parrot an they give her awards all over the place for her nutteratin! She is great poet an her latest will be adderated to the Official ANTHOLOGY of her Workses but must wait until Rival gets back on job cuz I am sick of doin all his work and he needs to updat Kentuckienne's Anthology for cryin out the loud.

Sailboat! Is a fine rooster which's nose I have bit off in past and he barely got mad, so maybe he grows em back like iguanas. So anybody what gets thru a Yankeee winter by growin noses and doin blizzard readiness with rum should be designaterated SPECIAL WINTER, ARMAGEDON, DIY PLASTIC SURGERATIN, AND ALL AROUND RUM READINESS CORRESPONDERATOR.

The Wrencherator, heyyyyyyyyyyy, howyadoinnnolbuddyyyyyy?
So we got Salty per usual runnin around doin security, entertainment, spiritual advice... overall pirate rooster royal. Not much Wrench can do to live up to all that but he is very good natured about being sidekick, stage dad, etc. Also, not everybody knows that Salty comez to ME for advice on all that stuff in first place, and so does Wrench! Anywayzzzz, we taggin the Wrench as SPECIAL CORRESPONDERATOR OF BEING SALTY'S WINGMAN. heeehoooohahahaheeeehahaha. See what I did there AGAIN?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, La Manukerator, hen in good standing ----------------and sitting and laying ------------------heeehoooohahahaheeeehahahaaaaaha. AGAIN!! Henhaus Frau!
We got a pair of excellent corresponderators right here for sure boy!!!
I now pronounce them Corresponderators which is... Husband and W...
Make that...
CSAR OF SECURITY, SAFETY and Hirsuteness WAAAAYYYYYY above and beyond call of unbuttoned uniform shirts ------------------- and CSARINA OF ODDBALL HAUSFRAUS! https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/ohhh-oddball-hausfrau-hens-house.83480/.
YOU MAY PECK YOUR HEN!!! Or vice versa.

Lovejoy is new boy on block! He is sponserated by the Only and One Terry57, and the Once and Forever LillyPhilly. Lovejoy is so instantly beloved is amazing, works like this: beloved PF member brings new bird and all at once the love from everbody in forums plops in on new bird an sometimes new bird could barely walk from so much love on their punkin headz!!!!! So considerating all the stuff together, this an that, an that an this, so forth so on............................................. All comin together that we gonna call him SPECIAL CORRESPONDERATOR OF NEW ARRIVALS. Then also we gonna include LillyPhilly as SPECIAL CORREPONDERATOR OF RAINBOW BRIDGE!

Now everything all cleaned up! Rival can put nice sumthinsumthin title at top cuz I am STILL tired of doing his works. Ha!

Okay, give some love and big cheer to me, which am THE RICKEYBIRD. PIECES... OUT!!"
Oh Mr Rb and Aunty G, we are so touched by your appointment of my precious little Warrior Princess Lilly as Special Rainbow Bridge Correspondent - who better than a feisty miraculous little feathery rainbow like her for a job like that? She will do you proud. Thank you!! 🙏🙏🙏💖💖💖

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Love new age orchestra music, but...

This piece has all the feeling (intrigue) of being part of a great story and that would have really helped to push this above and beyond, as it never really pulled away from a long intro.

I know, hard, but with so many great example out there, why not allow it to transition. The masters had long ago provided examples and to not use the formula really misses the opportunity.

Great start, but..

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
This month's POTM contest threatens to shake all literature, philosophy, scrapbooks, and fine arts from their very foundations!!!
COTTONOID, YOU ARE A GENIUS... OR MAYBE YOU JUST HAVE SOME KIND OF WEIRD SPIRIT-CONNECTION TO DANIEL DEFOE AND... STEPHEN KING??????????????
Okay, I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late to this thread, oweing to assorted woes, but I am here now, and laughing like crazy. Thanks, everybody, for the hoots/hollers thusfar!
Oh, yes, I have a contribution... y'all just hold on!

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
So...

You have all been so patient. Cottonoid's POTM theme was genius... I missed participating in it, but... after much whining, I have been given a chance to jump in belatedly.

Rickeybird Caruso and his Island!
Coming tomorrow morning... as soon as the coffee brews.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
So...

You have all been so patient. Cottonoid's POTM theme was genius... I missed participating in it, but... after much whining, I have been given a chance to jump in belatedly.

Rickeybird Caruso and his Island!
Coming tomorrow morning... as soon as the coffee brews.
Oh, this is gonna be good!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
My BELATED contribution... from the RICKEYBIRD HIMSELF.

View attachment 48021

"Okay here is true story.

Was hatched in place called New Mexico, and then had to go looking for a home. Was only a few months old when good-looking hen invited me home to her nest. Good food, nice kisses, belly scritches, toyszszszszszszs toyzszszszszs toys! SUN, FUN, GOOD TIMES!!! I was King of WORLD!
View attachment 48023
CARUSO1.jpg

Then stuff happened hey gee not sure who knows this n that and all of sudden we MOVING to faraway island called Oh-HI-Oh.
View attachment 48024
CARUSO1.5.jpg

Next thing I know we living inside a freezer, eating stale bread and melted ice. Is stuff called SNOW, ICE, SNOW, ICE all over the place outside. We all hide inside and turn up heat and FANTASIZE!!!!!
View attachment 48025

CARUSO2.jpg

Fantasize???????????
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 48026

CARUSO3.jpg

But...

CARUSO4.jpg

View attachment 48027
YO!
WOULD HAVE BEEN OFFICIAL ENTRY!

Last edited:

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
And what else is any self-respecting Patagonian conure gonna sing whilst devouring truckloads of chiles at The Rickeybird Chop Shop?? "Chile Love Songs" of course! Hit it, Sir Paul!! :D
Although it's rude to sing with your beak full ;)
https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/post-935486

I will never, ever, EVER forget your contribution... I still break into odd giggles when remembering it.

Every now and then, a post bears repeating, ya know? This tickles my funny bone every time.
Chile Love Songs. Sure 'Nuff! lol

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I absolutely must immortalize my POTM entry for this month. I must!

View attachment 48446

Boats, you sentimentalist, you!

And Donna... yeah. That white overliner is quite the vogue lately, isn't it???
This picture is incredible, and every time I see it I wonder where you found the fountain of youth.

far-far-away-jpg.48446

Most Reactions

Latest posts