The Rickeybird Scrapbook, 1984 - Updates

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
DANG, there is no more beautiful bird than a well-feathered, well-preened Grey. What a good-looking parrot.
You're right about the crew here... I'd almost forgotten what it's like to crack up at the antics of the parrots (and their parronts).

A first order of business upon my return... a trip to the vet.
Here's the Rickeybird raising havoc in his travel crate/play box... Note the silence when I ask a special question. Dead silence. No bird in here. Nothing to see. Move along, move along...
That is a full-on, floor-rolling laughter minute or longer!!
Special love of vets is common in Julio's Kingdom as well!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Martypants, Lea, and Mr. Boats... steadfast connoisseurs of Rickeybird foolishness.

Here's a bird with a better attitude...
Oh no, there must be something SERIOUSLY wrong with that 'Zon, that's no way for any self-respecting bird to behave at the vet!! Please have the Rb show him how it's done, THIS is the proper attitude and demeanour - demonour - he should have!!!!

demonrickey1.jpg

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
This post is from the OTHER resident rooster, aka Kirby, aka Rival of the Rickeybird. aka Gail's ol' man. Thank you for resurrecting that photo. It was from Halloween a few years ago, when I was going to get the bird a costume until I realized he didn't need one. Feel me?
Rival out

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
This post is from the OTHER resident rooster, aka Kirby, aka Rival of the Rickeybird. aka Gail's ol' man. Thank you for resurrecting that photo. It was from Halloween a few years ago, when I was going to get the bird a costume until I realized he didn't need one. Feel me?
Rival out
Costume? What costume? That's his natural magnificent malevolent plumage, innit??

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Costume? What costume? That's his natural magnificent malevolent plumage, innit??
Yes, but you know how some hens are... so smitten.
Where there are horns, they see a halo; where there is a pitchfork, they see an olive branch. BAH.

By the way, good to see ya, Pants!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yes, but you know how some hens are... so smitten.
Where there are horns, they see a halo; where there is a pitchfork, they see an olive branch. BAH.

By the way, good to see ya, Pants!
Oh don't I know it, Mr Rival! I don't know if you've made the acquaintance of my princess parrot Peachie or her boyfriend Lovejoy the lorikeet yet? A more classic case of the sweet innocent girl falling for the bad boy you will probably NEVER see, and they are MADLY in love!! 💘💘💘

pljveg.jpeg

Good to see you too, Rival, you and your lady have been away for far too long!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Love the Amazon doing the "comfort the Vet, prior to removing his finger!!"

Welcome back Good Friends, its been to long!! Enjoy!!

Yaa, those to Love Birds, have sort of taken over Kiss and Tell corner!!

Oh, and yes, Grey's learn early-on how to play Humans!! We are just too easy!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Julio demands to know how that video got out from his last vet visit!!
Although it portrays the precise beak cutting method, the vet had clearly removed the offending finger!! And who approved the removal of the vet screaming as that was in perfect pitch!!
Here you go, @SailBoat, I think maybe this is the sound you're looking for!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Well, well, well! Announcing a terrific event in the life of the Rickeybird. He will be featured in the December issue of Harrison's THE BULLETIN BIRD online publication. I submitted his story to the Customer Spotlight section, along with pictures, and they accepted. Here is the text, along with photos. I would encourage you all to submit your bird's tale.

The Rb

Please meet my Patagonian Conure, Rickeybird. He is 39 years old this year, and has thrived on Harrison's foods since his first year of life. My avian veterinarian recommended it at the time, and we've never turned back. He loves Harrison's almost as much as he loves his super-hot green chiles.

His accomplishments (with some assistance from me) include several pet-of-the-day venues, parrot of the month and multiple photograph of the month contests in the well-known international Parrot Forums online community, and numerous anecdotal and informational articles in various magazines. Lastly, he is an artists (prepare for a bit of fun here)! I have a very small art gallery online. A few years ago, I began to include items made by Rickeybird in my selections. Allow me to explain.

He has always chewed "designs" in his cage-cover overnight. I began to notice that some of these designs looked like people, things, symbols. I started cutting them out and 'matting' time on colored paper. A few have included subjects such as birds, hearts, moons...

Here is a photo of the artist in his studio.

The projected life span of a Patagonian is 30 years, but our avian vet says Rickeybird is going strong and may have many more years with me. My vet and I thank Harrison's High Potency Fine in no small part for the decades of health and happiness.
aa.jpg
bb.jpg
cc.png
flight.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well, well, well! Announcing a terrific event in the life of the Rickeybird. He will be featured in the December issue of Harrison's THE BULLETIN BIRD online publication. I submitted his story to the Customer Spotlight section, along with pictures, and they accepted. Here is the text, along with photos. I would encourage you all to submit your bird's tale.

The Rb

Please meet my Patagonian Conure, Rickeybird. He is 39 years old this year, and has thrived on Harrison's foods since his first year of life. My avian veterinarian recommended it at the time, and we've never turned back. He loves Harrison's almost as much as he loves his super-hot green chiles.

His accomplishments (with some assistance from me) include several pet-of-the-day venues, parrot of the month and multiple photograph of the month contests in the well-known international Parrot Forums online community, and numerous anecdotal and informational articles in various magazines. Lastly, he is an artists (prepare for a bit of fun here)! I have a very small art gallery online. A few years ago, I began to include items made by Rickeybird in my selections. Allow me to explain.

He has always chewed "designs" in his cage-cover overnight. I began to notice that some of these designs looked like people, things, symbols. I started cutting them out and 'matting' time on colored paper. A few have included subjects such as birds, hearts, moons...

The projected life span of a Patagonian is 30 years, but our avian vet says Rickeybird is going strong and may have many more years with me. My vet and I thank Harrison's High Potency Fine in no small part for the decades of health and happiness.View attachment 56049View attachment 56050View attachment 56051View attachment 56052
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh that's our Rickeybird, once a multi-media mega-star, ALWAYS a multi-media mega-star!! :love::love::love:. Drinks at the Hot Henzzsszszzssszsszss GentleRooster's Club are on him for the foreseeable future - congratulations!!

Cheers-Law-Order.gif

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my dear Sis, I'm so glad to see you! I was so worried about you and here you are:)
And if that wasn't enough, Rb is gonna be even more famous! Thank you for the forum mention, too.
Have I told you lately that I love you? XOXOXO

The Rb

The projected life span of a Patagonian is 30 years, but our avian vet says Rickeybird is going strong and may have many more years with me. My vet and I thank Harrison's High Potency Fine in no small part for the decades of health and happiness.View attachment 56049View attachment 56050View attachment 56051View attachment 56052

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yes, Julio states that's the scream he recalls!!
And passes along he's gratitude!

RB's ever developing fame is no surprise to the Boats' household!
However, take care of the free bar at the Hot Hen's Club as YNL will not be picking-up the tab this year.

I am certain that Harrisons' will be interested in picking-up that tab this year!

Congratulations RB on yet another stellar accomplishment!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Every now and then I take a trip down Memory Lane and cruise previous Scrapbook posts... this one caught my attention: it's the Rickeybird trading kisses: with me, and it is from 2016! Seven years! Parrot Forums is definitely part of our lifestyle.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Every now and then I take a trip down Memory Lane and cruise previous Scrapbook posts... this one caught my attention: it's the Rickeybird trading kisses: with me, and it is from 2016! Seven years! Parrot Forums is definitely part of our lifestyle.
This never gets old!!!

Most Reactions