GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
August 4, 2017
Resume of The Rickeybird

Education (At Patagonian Programs, UnInc.)

1984 Completed hatch, placed in Patagonian Juvenile Training
1986 Failed Juvenile Training, Re-Enrolled
1988 Failed Juvenile Training, EXPELLED

1989 Completed puberty, placed in Patagonian Rooster Training
1991 Failed Rooster Training, Re-Enrolled
1993 Failed Rooster Training, EXPELLED

1994 Enrolled in Remedial Patagonian Rooster Instruction
1996 Failed Remedial Rooster Training, SUSPENDED

1997 Placed in Rehabilitation for Failing Patagonian Roosters, UNSUCCESSFUL
2007 Placed in Permanent Residential Supervision for Wayward Patagonian Roosters

2017 Placed in Parrot Forums as active member... SUCCESSFUL!

Employment (At Gail's House)

1984 - present: Companion Parrot (Paid in room and board)
1994 - present: Domestic abuser, giggolo, property destroyer and thief.(Unpaid)
2007 - present: Actor, Singer, Online Personality (Unpaid)
2014 - present: Textile Artist (Artist's wages on eBay)
2017 - present: Parrot Forums Community Member in Semi-Good Standing

References Available Upon Request
Warning! Not suitable for all audiences; parrontal supervision suggested!

Welllllll, it's fun to travel back in time...
That post was on this day in 2017... five years ago!
I suppose I should update his resume. Or maybe not...

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Just a little compilation of memorable timewarps...

When Parrots Are Rude
gDV4K2j.jpg

2FgtiG5.jpg

When Parrots Lie
WFPNydm.jpg

qZJ14wd.jpg

2NgmM0Y.jpg

tLUbCEL.jpg

When They Were Still Tiny and Cute
4MKFEgS.jpg

Roosters With Delusions of Grandeur
ZzbseZb.png

xw3ghkf.jpg

When Birds Have Legal Problems
NJP2sQs.jpg

DaQAqwv.jpg

k66HPbF.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd.......................... we're now back to the future. Present.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
The Rival, an Archivist Venerable,
A Curator of Memories so Treasurable,
The Parrot is Rude,
And at Times even Lewd,
But our Chronicler’s Armour’s Impenetrable!

5mgnsc.jpg

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rival, an Archivist Venerable,
A Curator of Memories so Treasurable,
The Parrot is Rude,
And at Times even Lewd,
But our Chronicler’s Armour’s Impenetrable!

5mgnsc.jpg
Oh, Smartypants... now you've done it. A beautiful blonde Australian chick has penned an admiring verse to him.
He will be insufferable!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
I know I'm always outta my league when trying to figure out if the ladies are approving or not. I think they're saying GOOD BOY when they're really saying SIT,STAY or worse. This leads to many unfortunate things.
But I always get the guys: you said it, Boats. My thanks, and CHEERS!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I know I'm always outta my league when trying to figure out if the ladies are approving or not. I think they're saying GOOD BOY when they're really saying SIT,STAY or worse. This leads to many unfortunate things.
But I always get the guys: you said it, Boats. My thanks, and CHEERS!
Oh Rival, I know I speak for all the denizens of the Henhouse when I say we hold you in the exact same extraordinary high regard, great respect and deep affection that we feel for your good lady wife. 💖💖

How The Bird feels about you however, well my friend that is another matter entirely!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Well, dang. It was a gloomy time on Planet Rickeybird for a while today, but it got better. We had a vet visit this morning. The various magic numbers are not improving, so we have more meds. I deliver his medicine in teaspoons with orange juice; it generally works well. He still looks/behaves GREAT, definitely no suffering that I can see, but...
But, but but...
These long lives and late years are what we all hope for, yet...
Yet, yet, yet...

I had a sad time, but I renewed myself with memories of y'all, the Scrapbook, the years spent together, the sharing, the support.

So we'll get right back into the routine.

Long live love.
And pass the orange juice.

xoxoxo

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I hope the new meds get those numbers moving in the right direction. Kirby has a lot of one step forward, two steps back vet appointments too, and it’s always so hard. Every day with them is a blessing. I hope you and Rickeybird have many more years together!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Every day we get to share with you and the Rb is a blessed miracle, Aunty G. You and he and Rival fill our hearts with love, and we can only hope we do the same for you. Your journey with the Rb was predestined long before you got him, just as my Lilly's was with me. Whether that journey is long or short, and I pray that the Rb's journey still has many more miles yet to go, the miracle of our being brought together with them in this time and place is the same. And the love we have for them, and they for us, will be carried in our hearts forever. 💖

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
It’s been a heck of a ride. Remember that time we snuck backstage at that Eagles concert? And I told the band that Ricky was a Patagonian Cliff Eagle, and they all like totally lost their minds and begged you to let him go on tour with them? And they said we could ride on the bus? But you said no, he couldn’t be trusted around all the Substances which could possibly be abused not to mention being wingpit deep in hot henz? And I begged you and said “please Auntie Gail please it’ll be so fun”, and the Rival begged you and said “please, it’ll be so quiet”, and Rickey said “GAIL GAIL GAIL KIRBY KIRBY BOOTY MAGGOT” and the Eagles said “BOOTY MAGNET, BOOTY MAGNET, that’s a hit song right there!“ but you wouldn’t budge.

Last edited:
OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I hope the new meds get those numbers moving in the right direction. Kirby has a lot of one step forward, two steps back vet appointments too, and it’s always so hard. Every day with them is a blessing. I hope you and Rickeybird have many more years together!
Thanks, ravvie! You got it right... it's all about every day. Every blessed day!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Every day we get to share with you and the Rb is a blessed miracle, Aunty G. You and he and Rival fill our hearts with love, and we can only hope we do the same for you. Your journey with the Rb was predestined long before you got him, just as my Lilly's was with me. Whether that journey is long or short, and I pray that the Rb's journey still has many more miles yet to go, the miracle of our being brought together with them in this time and place is the same. And the love we have for them, and they for us, will be carried in our hearts forever. 💖
You always manage to catch the magic in your hand, SmartyManuka. There is Eternity at work here, and we are sharing something wonderful. I don't doubt it for a minute. Love to you and yours, always... thanks for checking in and lifting me up. Again. And again... and...

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
It’s been a heck of a ride. Remember that time we snuck backstage at that Eagles concert? And I told the band that Ricky was a Patagonian Cliff Eagle, and they all like totally lost their minds and begged you to let him go on tour with them? And they said we could ride on the bus? But you said no, he couldn’t be trusted around all the Substances which could possibly be abused not to mention being wingpit deep in hot henz? And I begged you and said “please Auntie Gail please it’ll be so fun”, and the Rival begged you and said “please, it’ll be so quiet”, and Rickey said “GAIL GAIL GAIL KIRBY KIRBY BOOTY MAGGOT” and the Eagles said “BOOTY MAGNET, BOOTY MAGNET, that’s a hit song right there!“ but you wouldn’t budge.
Geeeeeez, 'Tuck... SOMEBODY had to take charge. If memory serves me (and I'm on shaky ground here) that was the '90s Hall of Fame Induction at the Rock Hall Here in Cleveland. I don't recall much about that PARTICULAR CONVERSATION, but I recall crying when all seven members, past and present, took the stage. So did you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts