OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Awesome Awesome AWESOME, Aunty G!! The very best possible news! *Happy Dance* being done for you down here in Briz Vegas, and all across the world!! :love: :love: :love:
What happens in Briz Vegas warms the Cleveland hearts! Happy Dance? Hey, crank that ABBA up!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Yay!!! I’ve been silently following and was so worried about today. I’m so glad everything worked out as planned. I hope this helps him turn a corner! We need at LEAST ten more years of the RB’s sage wisdom around here!!
Luv ya, ravvie... I knew you were out there pullin' for us. But... T-t-t-en Yearzszszszs????
Well, I'll give it my best shot!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I was thinking of you and Rb all day (and my lovely Lucy; my old lady bird). I am glad his procedure went well and he’s doing a bit better.

Have you tried the pina colada mix? If he was getting all his meds in him that would help too.

(Where’s Mothra?)

I ordered a brand called Monin's, should be arriving in a couple of days. I have a good feeling about this!!! You'll be the first to hear.

Mothra? I love Mothra. Maybe he can be Mothra for Halloween.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Oh, this is such a relief
Halleluyah, baby.
Now I can take on another crisis or two. Let's see. Inflation? Naw, too many numbers. Mid-term elections? Naw, too many commercials. Hmmm.
World Peace. I'm on it!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What happens in Briz Vegas warms the Cleveland hearts! Happy Dance? Hey, crank that ABBA up!
Oh you know I will, and I'll throw a few "Chile Love Songs" onto that mix tape as well! 🤩

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
All rise...
Turn your Hymnals to page 38...

And what else is any self-respecting Patagonian conure gonna sing whilst devouring truckloads of chiles at The Rickeybird Chop Shop?? "Chile Love Songs" of course! Hit it, Sir Paul!! :D
Although it's rude to sing with your beak full ;)
https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/the-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.62811/post-935486
And what else is any self-respecting Patagonian conure gonna sing whilst devouring truckloads of chiles at The Rickeybird Chop Shop?? "Chile Love Songs" of course! Hit it, Sir Paul!! :D
Although it's rude to sing with your beak full ;)

I will never, ever, EVER forget your contribution... I still break into odd giggles when remembering it.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
REPLY TO HEATHER

I ordered a brand called Monin's, should be arriving in a couple of days. I have a good feeling about this!!! You'll be the first to hear.

Mothra? I love Mothra. Maybe he can be Mothra for Halloween.
Heather! You are a genius! I received the Pina Colada syrup and... my problem is SOLVED. I put a few drops of it in a spoon, a tiny dollop of yogurt, and the drop of medicine, stirred it up and... presented it to His Majesty, who eyeballed it for a moment, tried a tiny tongue-tip of it, and promptly cleaned the spoon dry. Repeated this three days in a row.
Victory.
Let me add... if you stir a few squirts of that stuff into a cup or so of plain yogurt... or milk... or drizzle it on a doughnut, or... let me just say it is GOOD STUFF.
Thank you again. I can't tell you what this means.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
party.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Pizza is not on this list? Tamales?

I think you CAN ship birds priority mail or something similar. “Pay no attention to the screams of rage coming from this box.”

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
This is the stuff of Scrapbook nightmares for me and Scrapbook sweet dreams for the Rb.
*pulling the covers over my head and drifting into fitful sleep*

********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************

dreams.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
And, there are those missing bottles of Julio's favorite Island Rum, rumored to have found their way to Cleveland, Ohio area!?!?
Patagonian Hangover Icepack

View attachment 45607
I would expect that Julio's Special Rum would be a fine quality beverage, kept especially for sharing with special friends and certain Vice Regal occasions. However what I suspect has happened here is that it's been laced with a brand of Thai whiskey best used as a substitute for drain cleaner and brake fluid - hence the stupefying effect on the unwitting Rb! Only thing for it now is for him to go throw himself into the Chao Phraya River like all the other crazy farangs (foreigners) and hope for redemption!

"Oh don't give me none more of that Ol' Thai Whiskey,
No, don't you give me none more of that Ol' Thai Whiskey,
For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die,
Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Ol' Thai Whiskey!"

(with apologies to Douglas Adams :) )

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts