GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, for cryin' out LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
So all those zillions of wonderful Scrapbook replies will be hanging in the cyber-air, thankless??!!
Pardon me while I faint. *grabbing your hand*
Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
zhcj1hW.png

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
My loves, my loves... please... I FEEEL the love, but...
I don't want you taking your valuable time to go back and add the LIKES.
Seriously.
I was and am overwhelmed by the precious friendship and love, but...
I'm serious.
I'm serious.
Don't make me come over there.
Let's just go from page 194.
LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Now you listen here, Miss Gail!! If I wanna go back and like each and every post in this whole awesome Scrapbook I will, and I'd like to see you try to stop me!!!

LILLYTRY.png

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Now you listen here, Miss Gail!! If I wanna go back and like each and every post in this whole awesome Scrapbook I will, and I'd like to see you try to stop me!!!

View attachment 29338
Lol, this is why I got notrifications "LaManuka reacted to your post in The Rickeybird Scrapbook...". Believe me I thought then "Is she gonna like each post in that thread? Does she really want?" :D 🦜

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lol, this is why I got notrifications "LaManuka reacted to your post in The Rickeybird Scrapbook...". Believe me I thought then "Is she gonna like each post in that thread? Does she really want?" :D 🦜
She does, she can, and she will, Roz!! ;)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I admire you ;) I'd be too lazy for something like this ;)
It is a huge undertaking, but well worth it to preserve the integrity of The Scrapbook ❤️

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Well, it's time for a calmer head to take over.
I'm going to start a.........................................
RICKEYBiRD RETROSPECTIVE.
In honor of the Scrapbook, etc., etc., etc.
Okay. Here we go!

And nexxxxt, in the Rickeybird's Scrapbook...

Not all of you will remember these two magazines... "Bird Talk" and "American Cage Bird", but back in the day, they were staples of bird-lovers' reading material. I think the internet dragged them under. ANYWAY, I loved replying to their surveys and such.

Here are contributions from 1985, 1990, 1992, and 1997. If you have trouble reading parts, worry not. I was just pretty much droning on about his loudness, his antics, his rivalry with my husband, how he reacted when I got a job after completing school, etc. The picture of him was taken in early 1985.

Here's something funny: I spell the Rickeybird's name with an "e"... not sure how it got started, but that's how I do it. The well-meaning editors changed it to "Ricky", figuring I didn't know how to spell my own parrot's name!?
vjTOb6X.jpg

eGtnoMW.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018

My Rickeybird - 36 year old Patagonian Conure
The Artist. He chews holes -uh- designs - in cloth. I sell them in my eBay art store, Galeria Pet Portraits.
The Scrapbook. 1984-? http://www.parrotforums.com/incredi.../62811-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.html
The Star. Cinema verite! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyCdvjJ9X22fVRRwfLk9gwA
The Pet of the Day. Suggest one!http://petoftheday.com/archive/2016/May/20.html
Patagonian Conure Tutorial http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/77615-patagonian-conure-tutorial.html
Dyeze66.png

Like Reply
Reactions:LaManuka and Terry57

He's now 37 and counting. *shuddddddder*

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, my loves... all my LIKES are not showing...
I thought I made it up through page 25...
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, well...
Love will find a way.
And... it already did.
I...
Do...
Love...
You!
I better check mine, I am on page 32.
Love youuuuu toooo!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Well, it's time for a calmer head to take over.
I'm going to start a.........................................
RICKEYBiRD RETROSPECTIVE.
In honor of the Scrapbook, etc., etc., etc.
Okay. Here we go!

And nexxxxt, in the Rickeybird's Scrapbook...

Not all of you will remember these two magazines... "Bird Talk" and "American Cage Bird", but back in the day, they were staples of bird-lovers' reading material. I think the internet dragged them under. ANYWAY, I loved replying to their surveys and such.

Here are contributions from 1985, 1990, 1992, and 1997. If you have trouble reading parts, worry not. I was just pretty much droning on about his loudness, his antics, his rivalry with my husband, how he reacted when I got a job after completing school, etc. The picture of him was taken in early 1985.

Here's something funny: I spell the Rickeybird's name with an "e"... not sure how it got started, but that's how I do it. The well-meaning editors changed it to "Ricky", figuring I didn't know how to spell my own parrot's name!?
vjTOb6X.jpg

eGtnoMW.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018

My Rickeybird - 36 year old Patagonian Conure
The Artist. He chews holes -uh- designs - in cloth. I sell them in my eBay art store, Galeria Pet Portraits.
The Scrapbook. 1984-? http://www.parrotforums.com/incredi.../62811-rickeybird-scrapbook-1984-updates.html
The Star. Cinema verite! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyCdvjJ9X22fVRRwfLk9gwA
The Pet of the Day. Suggest one!http://petoftheday.com/archive/2016/May/20.html
Patagonian Conure Tutorial http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/77615-patagonian-conure-tutorial.html
Dyeze66.png

Like Reply
Reactions:LaManuka and Terry57

He's now 37 and counting. *shuddddddder*
A great retrospective! The fact that I know a real live celebrity is my claim to fame since I first saw this:)
I have a huge stack of old Bird Talks somewhere, I wonder if by chance I have the one that started the Rb's fame? If I do, I need an autograph....or maybe not, I bet his autograph includes ripping and destruction.

Most Reactions