Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We would love to hear your ideas for themes for the POTM contest!
Please list them in this thread & I'll put up a 24 hour poll on the 30th so that the April theme is decided by the members:)

All PF rules apply, so the theme must not encourage people to put their birds at risk, and must be appropriate for all ages:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh oh a drawing contest:)
I feel it might be hard for some members so maybe an easter themed one as well?
I agree, drawing would make it hard for everyone to participate, but Easter is a great idea!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
agreed, drawing contest maybe wouldn't be a good idea for POTM. But maybe as a separated contest?
Roz, you should post this in the Suggestions forum, and I'll bring it to the Mods to discuss.

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I have 2 ideas!💡

First one is "Such a Trickster!"
Where we showcase our birds best tricks they learned or a couple of tricks they know.

Second one is "Talkative Polly"
In this one we can either make videos on our birds talking ability if they learned to say some words.
Orrrr
If your bird doesn't talk, then we can still make good use of this theme by editing in speech or words to make it seem like our Parrots are thinking aloud while they go about their day. A lot of effort needed though haha. This can be done through a video editing app or even tik tok.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
maybe bath time? Been a while since we all got to peek at wet babies
I know I never get tired of looking at wet birdies
Me too, and it goes well with April showers:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I have 2 ideas!💡

First one is "Such a Trickster!"
Where we showcase our birds best tricks they learned or a couple of tricks they know.

Second one is "Talkative Polly"
In this one we can either make videos on our birds talking ability if they learned to say some words.
Orrrr
If your bird doesn't talk, then we can still make good use of this theme by editing in speech or words to make it seem like our Parrots are thinking aloud while they go about their day. A lot of effort needed though haha. This can be done through a video editing app or even tik tok.
I love both ideas! The second one may be more doable adding text bubbles instead of editing in words.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Feathers out of place
Sticking up feathers, fluff stuck on them , poof heads, ruffled, spread wings
"Poof Heads".
This made my day and what a great title for a theme!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
How about "Close and Personal"? I'm sure lots of folks could get a lovely close shot of their feathery lovelies!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
How about "Close and Personal"? I'm sure lots of folks could get a lovely close shot of their feathery lovelies!
Another great idea!
This will be a hard one to vote on with all the great suggestions so far.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
How about making bird memes
You mean like this one?

fangapprove.png

That could be a very good idea, Maroa, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions