What absolutely freaks YOU out?!

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Oh my goodness! Too many things freak me out to count!
Just to name a few...
Moths and butterflies: Yes, butterflies too. Ugh....their big eyes and fuzzy bodies freak the the living squawk out of me.
The human body(blood and gore): Even the word "veins" makes me flip out. I am extremely squeamish and can't even look when I get a paper cut.
Spiders: I think most of you can understand this...

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I had to laugh at the butterflies... Big eyes and fuzzy bodies! That sounds cute to me LOL. ...and we won't even mention about veins....

Lol happycat jk :) I don't want you to flip out!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Try Texas roaches. They are huge, fly and swim. They are the stuff nightmares are made of.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Try Texas roaches. They are huge, fly and swim. They are the stuff nightmares are made of.

So they are almost triathalon roaches...yikes!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Flying roaches are bad enough. But SWIMMING??!! :eek: OMG, kill me now! And you know that they say that roaches can survive an atom bomb :( The terror with these damn things just keeps on coming!

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Oh seriously, there's worse than cockroaches....

Queensland has those awful cane toads. I think they'd probably freak me out when they get here (they're on their way....) Funnel-webs are pretty hideous too, I'm not sure I'd like to have them around. And what about those river worms in South America?

I'm starting to change my mind about nothing much freaking me out.... :D

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Oh seriously, there's worse than cockroaches....

Queensland has those awful cane toads. I think they'd probably freak me out when they get here (they're on their way....) Funnel-webs are pretty hideous too, I'm not sure I'd like to have them around. And what about those river worms in South America?

I'm starting to change my mind about nothing much freaking me out.... :D

But do those things come into your house and freak you out in the middle of the night? That's the real catch! :)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Oh my goodness, so many entertaining stories and so many things I can relate to! I'm always iffy on spiders... one time I woke up to a giant one on my arm while camping, opened the tent cover and let it out to continue napping. Other days I scream and run away, haha!

One thing that gets me though is dolls. Can't stand them. When I was only four, my grandmother bought me one of those "sleeping" dolls that would close their eyes if you tilted them, and according to my mother when it closed its eyes I flung it behind me and ran away screaming from the room. Needless to say I wasn't the kind of child who enjoyed playing House! It was also intensified when my best friend at the age of 8 locked me in her doll room that was filled from floor to ceiling with creepy, life-sized dolls, turned off the lights, and told me they were going to get me... I don't think I've encountered anything scarier.

Except perhaps my mother when I've pissed her off. But that's a whoolllleee new level of scary. :D

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
But do those things come into your house and freak you out in the middle of the night? That's the real catch! :)
Not the river worms, they getcha if you go in swimming, but the cane toads are EVERYWHERE and funnelwebs come inside and hide in your shoes.....

:eek:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
HOW DO I KEEP FINDING THESE OLD THREADS- 💀
Sometimes thread necromancy a good thing! Now I'll have to look back at my answers but doubt they changed.... Heights, spiders, deep water, snakes, suffocation.

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Oh gosh, I'm odd. I don't care about spiders, snakes, clowns. Ok, here are things I fear
Deep water
The silky lining on coats (SPD)
The sound boots make when rubbing against each other (SPD)
Milk
Falling, even from 2 feet
The bathroom in my class cuz it doesnt lock
Public restrooms

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OMG!!!!!! YES!! I lived there for a few years and they terrified me! huge ugly , flying, gross and not afraid to climb right up on you! UGH I just got the gagging shudders thinking about it!
Ugh is right! And now I feel like things are crawling on me after reading your post, I can't even think about it. lol

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I freak out about hospital bands on your wrist. They have to be so loose i can pull them off. My heart beats fast I get sweaty. Truly it freaks me out. I have to have them several times a month. Abd now that I'm a fall risk I get 2!!!

Last week I asked the check in nurse if I'm the only one and if this is weird? She said no, many people freak out about it. Lol I don't know if that's true or not? Or if she just wanted d to make me feel better.

moxxiethecockatoo

Jul 20, 2022
Parrots
I have previously owned one cockatiel and two budgies. I currently own one sulphur crested cockatoo
Mine is hard to explain (maybe if i made more sense of it, i would 'overcome' it so to speak). It's a nuance of being invaded/controlled. And i say nuance because it can be totally, far out irrational and i know it, but i can't control my response.

I get extreme anxiety during an eye exam, dental exam, blood draw.....i think i perceive it as an 'assault' on some level, invading me, too close for comfort (eye exam....all up in my face....i get all sweaty and dizzy and ask them to get away from me and let me breathe). I even have nightmares about being abducted for medical research (like those horrible undercover PETA photos) with horrible things inserted in me everywhere against my will.

Hey i am a recovered anorexic, i totally can't help myself, LOL!!! I have issues with being in total control of my body and i think these are spinoff fears.
I know how you feel, I absolutely hate being stuck with needles for anything, I ended up in the hospital after a heart attack and they injected this medicine into me to calm me down after I had a full blown panic attack from having the IV put in my arm.
At the moment my body keeps labeling the medicine as poison and keeps giving me the urge to hide in a small space (I'm currently hiding in a walk in closet as I type this)

Most Reactions

Latest posts