What would these two parents produce color wise?

loviebabies

Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Parrots
-Citrus (Australian Cinnamon)
-4 handfeeding baby lovebirds
The babies are already 3 weeks old and I'm handfeeding them, the oldest has green feather tips and black feather tips towards the end of the wings. The baby itself is a dark gray color and the fuzzy feathers are whitish. The beak has a black top towards the nose and the end is orange.

The parent in the back is a reg. peach face.

Parentbirds.jpg

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I'm not sure what color he is but just wondering, if you're handfeeding them why are they caged with the parents?

OP
L

loviebabies

Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Parrots
They aren't in the same cage.... They've not even grown a full feather yet. The oldest is JUST getting his tail feathers, how can they be in the cage with the parents? .....

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
So are both the birds in the picture are the parents right?

OP
L

loviebabies

Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Parrots
So are both the birds in the picture are the parents right?

Yes, both birds in the picture are the parents. I understand you can see a leg of another bird, but that one isn't one of the babies nor one of the parents.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Sorry I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that! I must have misread your post, I thought you were saying that was a baby up front with one of the parents in the back, which doesn't make sense at all since you said they were three weeks old. Ah, good ol' sleep deprivation :p

Do you know what mutation the parents of your breeders are? Knowing their lineage is the only sure fire way to know what all possibilities you will get, otherwise you'll have to prove them out yourself

OP
L

loviebabies

Jul 10, 2012
Florida
Parrots
No, I don't know their lineage, they aren't my breeders, They're my friends, I'm just handfeeding her babies for her :)

The oldest baby seems to have olive green feathers on the wings, and towards the end of the wing, there are some black feathers. The pin tail feathers look blue, but I really wanted to know what face color I could get :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts