Cage Pics!

baseballfanz

Aug 22, 2012
Houston, TX
Parrots
Peachface lovebird x 2
This is Green's cage. He has since been joined by Brown.
me4ezu2e.jpg

Eloy

Sep 4, 2012
I have change all the rope perches to birch branches in Eloys cage.
He seems to like it so much so he spent almost 1 hour in his cage this afternoon. :)

[ame="http://youtu.be/mcvo7c8pR18"]Eloy får ny inredning i buren - YouTube[/ame]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I have change all the rope perches to birch branches in Eloys cage.
He seems to like it so much so he spent almost 1 hour in his cage this afternoon. :)

WHAT a cutie-pie Eloy is!!! :D And I love the perches! He seems quite fond of them, too. I like using natural perches whenever possible, too, as my birds LOVE chewing off the bark.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Eloy is so cute. I'm curious--i had a "cage always open" policy with Georgie for years but then she started occasionally getting into things that were unsafe while i was at work, so i closed her in again until i got home. The irony is that she died of an injury IN her cage after i started closing her in 'for safety'. :'( Eloy never finds any trouble when he is out free? That was always my ideal situation for my birds--as much freedom as i can let them have while still being safe.

Eloy

Sep 4, 2012
Eloy is so cute. I'm curious--i had a "cage always open" policy with Georgie for years but then she started occasionally getting into things that were unsafe while i was at work, so i closed her in again until i got home. The irony is that she died of an injury IN her cage after i started closing her in 'for safety'. :'( Eloy never finds any trouble when he is out free? That was always my ideal situation for my birds--as much freedom as i can let them have while still being safe.
Thanks! :)
I'm almost always home. Every day I safety my home, so at the end everything outside the cage will be safe. But at the moment Eloy bites and play with everything (so young and playful :D) so I cant leave him many minutes. Every bird I have had, had this freedom and they learn soon that cage is for eat and sleep. And if I travel I take them with me. I like them as free as possible, and love to watch them fly.
It is a full days work to take care of Eloy, but..
He goes to sleep very early at night. :p (19.00)

sarafigal

Aug 31, 2012
Media
Nashville, TN
Parrots
Queequeg (rescued BFA, 34)
Winston (rescued CAG, 25)
Cyrus (adopted GCC, 2)
Houdini, Peeper, and Little Blue--the Budgie Trio
As a relatively new bird person, I have a question: do conures and amazons like lots of climbing things, perches, ropes etc in a cage, or does it become claustrophobic?

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Omg, I'm going to get that exact same cage for my sunnie! Is it big and spacious ? Also , conure love places to hang upside down from ! To me their the acrobats of the parrot world! I never heard of a bird getting claustrophobic because of too much perches or toys in a cage before, but you have to be careful That you don't put too much toys or it'll be a little uncomfortable to the bird.

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
Here is Pepper's set up! That's where she normally eats-in the best position to spread food bits on as many surfaces as possible!
DSC_0094-001.JPG

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Thiers a really good website for cheap cages, it's called cages4less.com. You can get a giant cage for a macaw or cockatoo for only 300 , if you got that from petco or petsmart it would've cost 700 to 900$ . Really cheap cages for conures and amazons. They also have toys , food, perches and all of that fun stuff.

Most Reactions

Latest posts