LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh yes that budgie does look terrific!

Can I make a suggestion for maybe parrot number 10b - the rainbow lorikeet? Iā€™d love to see your take on that riot of colour!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanks all! I plan to do a cockatiel next, but first I have to finish a commission piece that will no doubt take a few more days.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Oh yes that budgie does look terrific!

Can I make a suggestion for maybe parrot number 10b - the rainbow lorikeet? Iā€™d love to see your take on that riot of colour!

Ooooohhhhh a lorikeet! They are very colorful and common in some parts of the world (I think?).

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
April, that's incredible!!! I was thinking (dunno why, but I was) that he'd be a predictable water colour painting of your usual budgie. What you've done is alive and vibrant and it expresses the big-bird-in-a-little-bird's-body nature of a budge *perfectly*! Can't wait to see more of your amazing art. :)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Wow! Just... WOW! I'm not usually at a loss for words, but that's all I got. Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing it with us. Can't wait for the next one!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
April, that's incredible!!! I was thinking (dunno why, but I was) that he'd be a predictable water colour painting of your usual budgie. What you've done is alive and vibrant and it expresses the big-bird-in-a-little-bird's-body nature of a budge *perfectly*! Can't wait to see more of your amazing art. :)

Lol. Ya not exactly a simple watercolor:p My art style, as far as I can tell. is pretty unique.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Cool style ! Its like a combination of psyadelic and mezo-American. Like an Aztec on acid style. Me likey. Cant wait til you get to the exotic parrots, so I can submit Salty's species, a yellow shoulder Amazon.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You are an amazing artist!!!! It's perfect in every way!!! As is every piece of art I've seen you post!!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Gorgeous....canā€™t wait to see the lovies :)

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should make 12 pictures and make a calendar out of it... I'd like to Pre-order the first one. :)

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

Jottlebot

Aug 29, 2012
Shropshire, UK
Parrots
Orange-winged Amazon - RIP Charlie,
Spock - Common Mynah,
McCoy - Alexandrine
Wow! Ok, can I add my vote in for the Alexandrine, I don't even care if the decision has already been made (and also strictly speaking it probably should be an IRN because I think they are probably FAR more well-known)!? I just want to see an Alex in your style. I'm thinking mugs and t-shirts....like, seriously!!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Wow! Ok, can I add my vote in for the Alexandrine, I don't even care if the decision has already been made (and also strictly speaking it probably should be an IRN because I think they are probably FAR more well-known)!? I just want to see an Alex in your style. I'm thinking mugs and t-shirts....like, seriously!!

LOL...which list are you using Kiwibird? Wrenches? I would like a female with that male Eclectus please...together they would be a dynamite picture pair! The winners of all prizes...the prettiest of the lot...no other bird could hold a candle to them....they should have been number one on the list :D:D:D:D:D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
You guys are awesome! I love the suggestion of doing 2 ā€œbonus birdsā€ and making it a calendar. I will have to explore the options on HOW to do that. I am already looking into shirts for this series, but again I have to figure out how/where. I do have a company I can order fine art prints from Iā€™ve been using for printing the couple commissions Iā€™ve gotten, but thatā€™s all they do. Itā€™ll probably take me some time to figure out how to put my art on anything else and find somewhere that can print something like a shirt and have it be anywhere close to the right colors. While I may be talented at art, I have no mind for business stuff at all. I think Iā€™m a pretty typical artist in that way:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots

LOL...which list are you using Kiwibird? Wrenches? I would like a female with that male Eclectus please...together they would be a dynamite picture pair! The winners of all prizes...the prettiest of the lot...no other bird could hold a candle to them....they should have been number one on the list :D:D:D:D:D

Iā€™m using the list I posted, #10 is still up in the air though. And yes! I am doing a male/female eclectus in one drawing:green2::red:

Most Reactions

Latest posts