Top 10 most quintessential parrots

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
A sneak peek at the 15 (!) Iā€™ve done so far (almost finished with the BFA thatā€™s an outline in this screenshot). My next bird is a galah then want to do a red macaw (scarlet or green wing, still undecided:33:). While Iā€™m hoping to get 20 done before the baby, I think this series may end up being 30 birds total. There are just so many beautiful parrots and I just canā€™t stop drawing them:54:

rziyHRu.png

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
It truly amazes me that you are able to maintain the essence of the subject in a minimized form. The clarity of what defines a species is that fine line between representing a species and the generality of a bird's likeness. Your art provide that definition...

Yes, Love It!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You know April, with just some minor tweakage of colour, your yellow-naped amazon could quite easily be converted into a purple-crowned lorikeet, as in...

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21556-img-0211a.jpg

... just sayin' :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
It truly amazes me that you are able to maintain the essence of the subject in a minimized form. The clarity of what defines a species is that fine line between representing a species and the generality of a bird's likeness. Your art provide that definition...

Yes, Love It!

Thank you! :D

I tried (and failed) for years to master more traditional drawing and painting techniques. I think once I stopped trying to draw super realistic looking subjects and focused on what came more naturally, it has turned out to be a really unique art style. I am glad others appreciate it as well:)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
You know April, with just some minor tweakage of colour, your yellow-naped amazon could quite easily be converted into a purple-crowned lorikeet, as in...

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21556-img-0211a.jpg

... just sayin' :)
Cute little guy! I do see the resemblance. Different eyes though.

Give it a year or 2, and Iā€™ll probably have drawn every parrot in ā€œParrots Of The Worldā€ šŸ˜‚ Seriously though, after completeing the more common species, I would like to work on some special ā€œsetsā€ of the less common birds. Lorikeets would be part of that series.

Most Reactions

Latest posts