Top 10 most quintessential parrots

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Wow! Ok, can I add my vote in for the Alexandrine, I don't even care if the decision has already been made (and also strictly speaking it probably should be an IRN because I think they are probably FAR more well-known)!? I just want to see an Alex in your style. I'm thinking mugs and t-shirts....like, seriously!!

LOL...which list are you using Kiwibird? Wrenches? I would like a female with that male Eclectus please...together they would be a dynamite picture pair! The winners of all prizes...the prettiest of the lot...no other bird could hold a candle to them....they should have been number one on the list :D:D:D:D:D

Iā€™m using the list I posted, #10 is still up in the air though. And yes! I am doing a male/female eclectus in one drawing:green2::red:

Yipee...now we just have to get some marketing strategies going. Calendars and blank cards can be done easily at the right print-shop. You just need to choose paper/envelope pkg etc. Schools and other folks are always doing calendars so find a quick contact and we will have calendars as well LOL...:D

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should make 12 pictures and make a calendar out of it... I'd like to Pre-order the first one. :)

Oh yes!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
You guys are awesome! I love the suggestion of doing 2 ā€œbonus birdsā€ and making it a calendar. I will have to explore the options on HOW to do that. I am already looking into shirts for this series, but again I have to figure out how/where. I do have a company I can order fine art prints from Iā€™ve been using for printing the couple commissions Iā€™ve gotten, but thatā€™s all they do. Itā€™ll probably take me some time to figure out how to put my art on anything else and find somewhere that can print something like a shirt and have it be anywhere close to the right colors. While I may be talented at art, I have no mind for business stuff at all. I think Iā€™m a pretty typical artist in that way:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are a bunch of online places that do this kind of stuff. Zazzle.com is the one that comes to mind.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ć¢ā‚¬Å“ScreeĆ¢ā‚¬ļæ½ - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Would you guys say GCCs or Sunnys are more popular? I see both all over in pet shops and on the forum.

munami

Apr 13, 2019
Ottawa, ON
Parrots
Luna // F // Whiteface Pearl Cockatiel
This is probably my favorite one yet!
I would say probably GCC's? I feel like not as many people can handle the noise of Suns so GCC has this reputation of being quiet(ier)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
This is probably my favorite one yet!
I would say probably GCC's? I feel like not as many people can handle the noise of Suns so GCC has this reputation of being quiet(ier)

Iā€™ve heard that too. But sun conures have that neon orange and yellow that is just eye popping:orange::54: So torn on which one. I think a sunny would look better in my style but I wonder if GCCs really win the popularity contest.

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Itā€™s your list. You get to decide. Iā€™d say Suns.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I think more known are sun conures but more often kept GCC's

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I'm quite biased towards the GCC... but even I have to admit that the Sun Conure is more of an iconic "quintessential" parrot... and would suit your artistic style perfectly.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Thanks all. Hereā€™s kind of what Iā€™m thinking:

1. Budgie, yellow/green
2. Pair of lovebirds, peachface (these seem the most common)
3. Grey cockatiel
4. Green cheek conure
5. Pair macaws, blue and gold and green wing
6. Amazon, double yellow head
7. CAG
8. Pair, male and female eclectus
9. Cockatoo, surfer crested
10. Still up in the air between an IRN and an alexandrine. IRNs are more popular/well known in the US (I think blue is the most common color?) but Iā€™m not sure if that applies worldwide where I think alexandrines are more popular./QUOTE]
Hi Kiwibird,

Is this still the list for your art work? If so, we have the grey cockatiel next? I'm just checking in to see how looonnnngggg I have to wait for the pair of Eclectus...:D:D:D. Also, will this be a SI or VI female Eclectus?

Looking forward to your next posting,
:):red1::green2::greenyellow::gcc::green: Can't decide on which emoji to use for my boy!

Last edited:

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Personally I will divide this quest into two parts
1. Parrots in captivity
2. Parrots in the Wild.

The first list would have 7 species
1. Sky blue budgie -with full markings of the wild type
2. Lutino Cockatiel
3. Lutino Peach faced Lovebird
4. Deep Violet Indian Ring neck Parakeet
5. Yellow or Blue Monk Parakeet with clear markings
6. Wild type Masked /Yellow collared lovebirds
7. Wild type Fischer's lovebirds.

With Wild Parrots I will probably have more than 20 or even 30 different species and have to think more- probably only one of the above 7 will be in that list, as it is. Another may enter with slight modification.

:yellow1::blue::yellow1:

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I have been pretty swamped with so much stuff going on. I actually forgot to post my last drawing I finished last week of a sun conure!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ty99FA4i_/?igshid=wp5i0zruvv4x

Iā€™m currently working on my next bird, but it may be a few days before itā€™s finished. It was a tough decision to make, as Kiwi is a BFA, but my amazon is going to be a DYH, which I think is the most well known of all the amazons.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Another beautiful piece April! Thanks for sharing with us! Looking forward to the next one in your series.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts