OP
Loz

Loz

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Parrots
Dora - Green-rumped parrotlet ♀
Update
Dora ended up coming with us to my parents for Christmas. Everyone thought she was a-Dora-ble! My (6 YO)niece, siblings and their partners handled her. Although, she did accidentally nip and startle my sibling, when trying to get a piece of millet in the crevice of their hand LOL. They couldn't believe how well trained and confident she was. Honestly, I had a different expectation yet she continues to amaze me. Now that we're home, we're settling back into our usual routine. Targeting, stepping up and spinning... so far :D
Recently she has been doing the wiggle dance with me, which is concerning, due to being a mating behaviour? It occured when I lightly stroked her beak through the cage. Also, today we received her stainless steel bell and she seems to enjoy it... wiggle dancing whilst playing. It looks amusing but?

OP
Loz

Loz

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Parrots
Bedtime is... amusing. It's becoming a game! Lol. If she is aware it is time to go back in her cage, she will run in the opposite direction, up my arm etc. It doesn't matter whether I'm coaxing her with treats.
Yesterday, Dora repeatedly flew on Tom and we giggled. "It tickles". It's happened before but she was determined. It is a pleasure watching her fly around.
Tonight my niece is staying. She says she will have the same bird with the same name, when she is "bigger". Our special guest when training! Dora was fabulous, for either of us.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, Dora! How did I miss your thread for so long?
You ARE a-DORA-ble.

OP
Loz

Loz

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Parrots
https://imgur.com/a/46g2R
Good afternoon! I thought I would share a recent photo and brief update :) Last weekend was hectic, so our usual routine was practically non-existent. We apologised Sunday and all was forgiven. It's difficult capturing a photo of Dora... since she enjoys playing with the screen on my mobile lol. She's still molting. I've been helping with the pin feathers on her head, which she responds positively to. Extra baths. We're currently waiting for some new toys. Although, her balls arrived and they are bigger than her LOL. Last night, she climbed into my hood and screeched in my poor ear, whilst climbing down towards my neck area. Shortly after, I attempted to peek at her, by moving my hood and received another earful!! Sorry Dora! She was even exploring inside my sleeve. It was near bed time. Also, she is giving me her foot consistently now - recent trick we've been working on.

Most Reactions

Latest posts