Footprints

Skipper436

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
I would like to get my pet cockatiels footprints to remember him by, I was wondering what would be the best most successful way without stressing him out?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm not sure where you are, but Michael's Craft stores carry kits for doing a baby's hand or a dog's paw. It would also work for your tiel as long as you wash his foot well afterward.
Although not much stuck to my dog's paw, it is a pretty dry mix.

Shez

Feb 17, 2022
Let him walk through food dye or safe water paints then onto some paper- wash feet well afterwards. I also know some people have done bird foot prints by encouraging their birds to walk in a frame full of plaster of paris which is safe for birds. You will have to mix it right and make sure it is dry enough to take the print without it running back to a flat surface. I would experiment with mixture and time before getting your bird to walk through it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
After my Lucy passed, I took some nice quality air dry clay and pressed in her footprints into a few little oval Pattie’s of clay. I haven’t done anything with them yet, though.

I just recovered my photos of Lucy from my old phone and tablet, and want to make a painting of us together. There are some lovely but sad ones with her resting in state in a basket of flowers. I found an old locket and am going to put her ashes in it so she will be with me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts